Part 26

AN//:  This is going to e a quick flashback a week since it will talk about what Cody had been doing for the time being.

Cody had phased through when they parted and ended up in the depressing garden. He sighed and gently touched a wilted flower, "It's for the best..." Getting up, he walks towards the forest. 

Since Cody had awoken, he felt something drawing him towards the woods and never got to check it out. Still, to this exact moment, he views it as something that must be more innovative. Grumbling, he walks back to the entrance of the house. Maybe I should go back... he scoffed, "Not the right time." Deciding to tour the town, he levitates on the sidewalk, humming. Looking around, he sees that the city he grew up in has changed drastically. It's strange; he would have thought everything would be the same. The arcade is now a bank, and the skate park because an entertainment area where there. A woman is standing and talking loudly into a microphone about who knows what. 

Continuing his wanders, he found himself on an abandoned road, just taking one step, which caused him to gasp. Do you like me?. He turned around and saw the girl again. His eyes widen, and he begins to run away from her. DON'T LEAVE! He could hear her screaming but did not dare look back and continued running.

Time Skip to Night!

 He was back in Y/n's bedroom, staring at her sleeping figure. His eyes widened, and he silently screamed Idiot! He slaps himself, "I must be going nuts!" He tried leaving, but something was not allowing him to, or he couldn't make himself do it. "O-One more night." He lightly blushes and silently lays next to Y/n. He felt his non-existent heart beating. Y/n.....she was such a beauty to behold. Her h/l reflects the moonlight, and her s/c radiates in the night. She looked like a goddess...an angel. He gently reached forward and swept a strand of her hair behind her ear. He smiles and closes his eyes.   

Time Skip!

As the sun shone through the curtain, it hit Cody straight into his eyes, which caused the sleeping ghost to awake. He yawns and sits up, rubbing his eyes. Looking back at the beautiful woman who was sleeping next to him...He just realized he was not supposed to be here. Right then, he saw her stir from her slumber, panicking; he phased through the ed and down to another room.  He didn't do it gracefully; he collided with the wooden flooring. "Ow." 

He gets up and stands up. His eyes widen when he sees Mr. and Mrs. North making out on the couch; he sees that she is only in a silk nightgown as her husband is shirtless. "ohhhhhhhhh shiiiii-" He saw it was about to get steamier, "Gross Gross GROSS!" He runs out of the room. He gags. "That was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen." He jokes again and stumbles out the front door. "so wrong, so bad, ugh, dude..." He shivers, remembering them, "Yep! Let's move on!" He walks back down the sidewalk. This time, he found himself at an old park, "Still looks the same." Children were hanging around the jungle gym, and some were swinging. Something that seemed so simple before makes Cody's heartache, how he would love to play on the swings again, play pirates, steal the treasure, and act like the jungle gym is their ship. "Hello?" He looks down and sees a little girl staring at him, "Hi?"

She smiles, "My name is Penelope!"

"Well, it's nice to meet you!" he crouches down to her height,

"Why are you glowing?" 

"Uh...The sun is hitting me, is all." he awkwardly smiles

"Why are you see-through?"

"It's because I didn't eat today."

"Wanna be friends?"

"Sure!" He smiled, and she was about to grab his hand when there was yelling.

"PENNNYYYY, WE GOTTA GO!" The little girl looks back at him and frowns. "I have to go, friend...see you later." She runs back to her father, who is looking for her. He sadly smiled, knowing that his family was for sure gone. When he was 12, both his parents were in a terrible accident, which caused him to live with his only living grandmother. He should go and visit them. Floating away and waving towards the little girl, he went towards the cemetery.