Seeing You Happy

Taehyung

"All this time you were hiding this from me?  Is she aware that you left to go find me?  That you're a knight and that might mean... Well, what I mean to say is, is she okay with what your former duties might have required of you?  The...um...more violent aspects of your duties.  What will you do now that you're her father's apprentice and no longer need to be responsible for me?  I mean, we did employ Sir Namjoon as the personal bodyguard to myself and Jungkookie."

I smiled fondly at my sweet prince.  My best friend was so in love and yet, he had not forsaken me.  He still cared for me no matter his status romantically.  It warmed my heart.

"Lisa understands and her father was more accepting than I expected.  He said I had good talent, a promising future, excellent connections, which I guess he meant because of you, and a respectable career to fall back on should I ever be dismissed as the court painter.  Lisa didn't seem too upset about what I may have done in the past and she was completely agreeable to the idea that I was loyal enough to run off to save my best friend and prince."

"Good!  It brings me so much joy to see you happy, Taehyungie.  I always wanted this for you.  Ever since the first moment I saw you half covered in filth and all skin and bones.  You deserve every single bit of this goodness that is coming your way."

I teared up, but willed myself not to let the tears spill over.  "Thank you, my prince Jiminie.  I really and truly do love you.  You are the brother I always wished to have.  I will never be able to express how deeply I actually love and care for you.  I'm glad you also have found happiness in Prince Jungkook.  I had my suspicions at first, but he treats you very well.  Anyone can see how smitten he is with you.  You deserve someone to love you the way he does."

Jimin smiled warmly at me.  "And I hope Lisa grows to love you the way you deserved to be loved as well.  I used to wish that you were gay too and that we could be together because it would be comfortable and easy.  It wouldn't have been a deep, true, and passionate love, but it would be without any struggle or strife.  You would have been easy to love, but not the kind of love we both deserve.  I'm glad it ended up this way and that you weren't gay.  I would never want to see you with someone out of obligation to a debt you felt you owed.  I know you love me, but I also know it would have never have been the way Jungkookie does.  And I'm so happy that I'm finally seeing you happy.  It means the world to me."

I shook my head a little.  "How in the world you can still be so kind will always be beyond me.  I love that I'm finally seeing you happy too, Jimin."

"Well, wasn't that touching," a voice interrupted, "but if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to spend some time alone with my boyfriend that I apparently make so happy."

Jungkook's tone was some combination of pride and jealousy as he scooped my best friend up in his arms, showering his prominent cheekbones in hasty kisses.

As I left my prince's chambers, I heard Jungkook's teasing words.

"So you wished he was gay before, huh?  Wished you could be with your best friend?  Hmmm...well I'm glad he wasn't so that I could have you all to myself.  I can't bear the thought of you being taken before I ever even got the chance to meet you.  My Jiminie.  Mine.  Forever."

I smiled as Jimin's giggles and shrieks grew, the more kisses he got from Jungkook.  Yes, my soulmate was finally truly and genuinely happy for the first time in his life.  With Jungkook, he knew he was able to cast aside all the expectations placed on him for once and just be his truest self.  For that, I would be eternally grateful to the not-so-wild prince I was slowly coming to appreciate more and more.

As I made my way to meet Lisa for dinner, I only hoped I would one day feel the same way.

_____________________

Sorry for the sporadic updates all!  I finish up college soon!  HOORAY!  Then I'll have more time to write and read and draw and paint and just...sleep honestly lol.

Anyway...back to the story!

How did the mission of diplomacy go?

What will become of Sope?  Of Namjin?

Will the Princes ever see their homeland again?

Will there be a war?

How will the conclusion play out within these last few chapters??? (That's right, folks...it's ending soon! :'( But hopefully it will end well.)

Stay tuned to find out!