At The Last Second

Jungkook

"You know, Jimin-ssi, your ass looks great in those trousers.  Nice and form fitting and hugging all those curves in all the right ways.  Makes me wanna..." I cupped his ass with both hands and squeezed as he giggled.

He nudged me with his elbow.  "Focus, Jungkookie.  We're here for a reason.  We're the linchpin in this plan, after all.  And it's a plan to save your friend!"

I let go of him reluctantly and straightened my shoulders as I saluted him.  "Yes.  Right.  Mission: Save Namjoon.  Jungkook and Jimin:  Super focused on the mission.  Hands: Completely to self!" 

Jimin giggled again and I drank in the sound.  His sweet laughter spread a wide smile across my own face.  He is so beautiful.

"We have to pay close attention, Jungkookie.  We can only succeed if we wait until the right moment.  We have to swoop in at the last second or we'll meet resistance.  Now, focus...for real," he insisted, but his eyes lingered on my lips instead of on the guillotine in the town square.

"Jimin-ssi," I lowered my voice seductively and watched with immense pleasure as he gulped, breathing going shallow.  "The square is that way."  I pointed to the valley below us.

"Right," he sighed out, licking his lips before turning to face the right direction. 

The commotion below turned our flirty moods more serious.  Jeers and heckles sounded from the gathered crowd as Namjoon was brought onto the wooden platform with a burlap sack cinched over his head.  He was forced to kneel before the sack was removed.  The crowd became deafening.  Chants of "bring back our princes" and "traitor" overpowered the incoherent screams.

"Bow up, baby.  You can do this.  You're an excellent archer.  I love you," I whispered.

He lifted the bow and pulled the string back until it was brushing over his thick lips.  Jimin kept his eye focused and took a deep breath, waiting on the signal.  It came after the executioner's speech and Jimin exhaled harshly as he released the string, it scraping across his face as it returned to it's place with a thwip.

The executioner fell and the crowd went silent.

Within moments, Jin and Hobi were on the platform working to release Namjoon's bindings.  Murmurs of confusion and fear spread through the gathered masses.  Crowned prince Yoongi and Sir Taehyung covered the princes as they freed Namjoon as quickly as they could.

Seeing that the people were letting their princes pass through unimpeded and unharmed, I turned my attention back to my prince.  I slid an arm over his shoulder and across his chest, tucking my chin into his neck.  He blushed and grinned that cute shy grin I loved so much, but his eyes remained glued to our friends below.

"You did great, baby.  Now...let me reward you."

-------------------------

Hello armies! 

Will there be smut in the next chapter?  YOU BETCHA!

Will I ever get to the whole thing about the King of East Busan?  Of course!  I'm working on it!  Get off my back!

Did anyone notice that each character refers to people from the other kindgom with their titles, even in their thoughts, as a sign of respect?  Bonus points if you did.

How is Namjoon doing after all that?  What will happen with him and Jin?

How will the King of West Busan take his rescue and very public acknowledgement from his sons that Namjoon was clearly innocent (since he was saved by said princes he supposedly kidnapped)

Stay tuned to find out!