State's Dinner

Jimin

The sun's ray shined through the window of my chambers as I woke buried under the linens on my bed.  I groaned in defiance as I remembered the obligations of tonight's events.  Then memories of last night's moonlit kiss with a gorgeous stranger flooded my thoughts.  I gingerly touched my plump lips as I recalled how firmly he'd kissed me, but how gently as well. 

If only I hadn't been so stupid as to not get his name.  How in the world would I ever find my mystery knight in shining armor now?

The door to my chambers were flung open, halting my train of thought.  "Rise and shine, princess.  Get that fine ass up before I push you out of bed!"

The weight of a body slammed into me as the intruder collapsed on top of me in my bed.

"Sir Taehyung, you're still my knight and personal bodyguard.  I could literally have you hanged.  Why do you insist on tempting me every single morning?"

"Ah, we're going formal today, aye?  Well, Prince Jimin, I just thought that since we were going to meet this Prince of West Busan today, we might get a move on and not be a disgusting, lazy vagabond all day, yes?"

I shoved him off me with difficulty as he laughed.  "Prince Jungkook is crude and childish. I have no desire to meet such a man and I certainly don't care if he deems me a 'disgusting, lazy vagabond' when I do."

 "Ah, come on Princess Jiminie!  You don't even know him.  Maybe he's not as bad as the rumors say.  Besides...I've heard he's pretty hot.  I'm sure you'd like that," Taehyung wiggled his eyebrows at me.  I shoved him with all my strength off the bed.  He fell to the floor with an 'oof.'

"No matter how supposedly hot he is, he's still a hooligan."

Jungkook

I paced around the borrowed chambers of the Kingdom of East Busan, praying there was some way out of tonight's dinner.

"Father, do you really think it's necessary that we attend this dinner?  I have no interest in meeting their uptight, goody-goody prince who thinks he's so superior to all those around him."

The king merely chuckled and tapped his knee.  "Oh Jungkook, come now, you've never even met the boy!  I have, and he's a delight.  Perhaps he's not as rough around the edges as you, but he is rather good company.  Maybe meeting him would do you some good.  Soften you up a bit.  You needn't always be so brash and energetic you know."

I rolled my eyes.  "If you say so father.  Personally, I can't imagine any reason I'd be interested in meeting someone like Prince Jimin."

The time for the state's dinner arrived and I stood stiffly in my gold trimmed tartan jacket, the blue silk surprisingly rigid against my chest.  I felt a nudge at my elbow.  I turned to see a fully armored knight smirking next to me, his helmet tucked under his arm.

"Prince Jungkook.  Are you ready to meet Prince Jimin and the King of East Busan?" 

"Listen to me very carefully when I say this Namjoon.  There is no way in hell I'm ever going to be ready to meet that arrogant, stuffy, entitled prince," I said with emphasis.

"Great, then let's go do it anyway," he chuckled.

We pushed through the velvet purple curtains obscuring the entrance to the royal dining hall.  The kings immediately greeted each other in boisterous laughter and eagerness.  The small prince had his head bowed deeply beside his father. 

The moment he glanced up and his eyes met mine, we shared a shocked gasp.

"You," he whispered.

"You!" I shrieked.