Chapter 31- Why Can't You See?

^^ buckle up your seatbelt guys, we're going fast and furious! ^^

^^ AUTHOR ^^

Min Ho stepped out with Shanshan from the gallery, ready to leave for New York.

The female CEO had already given him a brief instruction about the tasks he should finish for her while she was away. Many times, the president begged his superior to take him with her, but Shanshan refused, explaining to him that it was her own issue to solve without him and any other people getting involved.

"Your fiancé is waiting for you at the limousine," Min Ho spoke softly as they approached the black cars- at least three cars- lining up in front of the building.

Shanshan nodded but as soon as the bodyguard opened the door for her, Min Ho tugged her arm, making her stop. She looked at him with a question and even got more confused by the way he smirked while speaking to the guard.

"I want to make sure that nothing will happen to her until she gets to the airport," he demanded. "She will ride our car."

The guard looked to his side to where he could see Mark through his dark shades. Surprisingly, Mark nodded in approval, considering it as a small matter while a glint of relief lit up from Min Ho's eyes.

Min Ho quietly led his superior to their black SUV while she followed in silence, smiling at how he worried for her. After sitting in the backseat, she rolled down the window beside her to wave goodbye at Min Ho for the last time.

"See you."

The man responded with a bow. "Please take care of yourself... and make sure to come back."

She nodded. The car started to move as Shanshan leaned back on her seat, focusing on the road in front of them as minutes passed. She sighed as she tapped the screen of her phone with her fingers, hesitating to message JK that she was already leaving.

Her best friend hadn't been replying to her messages since yesterday. It was understandable that he was still sad and upset that Shanshan insisted on going despite his warnings and worries for her.

"I don't know what threats could be waiting for me, but I'll make sure to come back," Shanshan thought.

As they left further and further from the gallery, the SUV began to turn, changing its direction towards a narrower lane separating from the main highway. Shanshan began to notice this, wondering if the driver got confused with the direction of the travel.

"Excuse me, this is not the road going to Incheon," Shanshan talked to the male driver, whom she couldn't recognize because of the cap he wore.

But the driver didn't listen.

He calmly pressed on the accelerator pedal, slowly increasing the speed of the car. Shanshan started to panic, suspecting that it was some sort of kidnapping. She quickly turned her back, looking for Mark's limousine and his guards' black cars, but they were out of sight.

"Where are you taking me?!" Shanshan yelled, but the driver didn't respond. "Stop the car right now, or I'll call the police!" She threatened and lifted her phone, dialing a number while glaring at the driver's reflection in the rear mirror. "Stop the car, I said!"

Once the driver met her eyes on the mirror, she leaned back with a loud gasp, widening her eyes with shock. "Ju-jungkook?!"

She leaned forward behind the driver's seat and scowled at him. "What are you doing?!"

"Taking you away," Jungkook answered with a stern look while still concentrating on the road.

"What- what??" She answered comically, but then she realized that he was serious.