Chapter 30- I Will Never Let You Go pt. 2

^^ Actually I do this ☝️ when I don't know what to put in the title. Help. 08/27/21 ^^

^^ JUNGKOOK ^^

Shanshan rushed to me, pulling me away from her ex-fiance. "Stop fighting!" She begged. I resisted the urge to hit the other man while Shanshan's tiny hands wrapped tightly around my waist.

Mark stood unsteadily, wiping the blood off his face while our hard breathing could still be heard. It could be seen that we were both exhausted from the fight. Still panting, he looked at my best friend and spoke. "Ji Hyo, go home and pack your things. I will schedule a flight for this afternoon." With that statement, he threw a glare at me before making his way out of the door.

I scoffed. "Who the heck is he to be ordering someone around? He thinks she will obey his words easily."

I stood there, waiting for me to gain composure while staring at Min Ho, clearing the mess from the fight. I admit I lost my mind. The thought of Shanshan being taken away angered me, so when her ex-fiancé appeared and started speaking about taking her back to New York, it just made my emotions burst. "No one dares to take her away."

"Ugh." I winced with pain after feeling pressure on the corner of my lips and looked down to see Shanshan's hand pressing a handkerchief on it.

Shanshan spoke, her voice low and shaking. I could feel that she was still flustered about what had just happened. "Why did you initiate a fight? You should be thankful that no one saw it, or else you will be on the headlines."

I held her hand. which was wiping the blood from my nose, making her stop and look up at me. "Shanshan..." Her glistening brown eyes made me gulp all of a sudden, making me stop the words that I wanted to say in my throat. They were filled with concern at the same time, a hint of weary covering her pale face. Once again, how can she make my heart beat like crazy with just those pair of gems? I swore her eyes were beautiful. Why didn't I realize that before?

"Jungkookah, Mark is right. I have to mourn for my father and at least attend his burial..." She then looked on the ground, not wanting to meet my eyes as she asked for permission. "I... I think I should go with him."

A deafening silence followed as I looked at her with a pained expression. I felt a sharp pang on my chest as she spoke the words I didn't want to hear. She pursed her lips nervously while anticipating my answer, her eyes still planted on the floor. Why... why did she suddenly get swayed? What happened to her asking me to protect her from her family?

"No. Don't go," I spoke firmly.

She lifted her head on me and made a pleading expression. She wasn't surprised as she expected me to say no. Before she could pull her hand away, I pulled it back, making her move closer to me with a gasp. Now we were facing each other just an inch between our faces. I could see my reflection in her eyes while I looked down on her to speak clearly.

"Shanshan, once you go there, you will never be able to come back. From the content of that letter, I know that your mother is luring you to go to her." I wondered why I couldn't talk louder anymore. All words that came out of my mouth were weak and soft.

"I know," she sighed. "But my brother could be telling the truth. There must be something my dad wants to tell me from that file."

"If you go, you'll be forced to marry, and they might even restrict you from seeing me. You won't be able to come back to Busan, do your favorite hobby, and taste my mom's dishes!" I huffed as I could feel my chest tighten and my eyes trying to stop my tears.

"JK, hey," she said gently as she cupped my face. "That will never. Ever. Happen. I'm just going to attend my father's burial and settle things with my family and come back."