Chapter 26- Damsel in Distress

^^ MINHO ^^

"Ma'am Lee!"

I quickly went to her, pulling her body up before she could collapse on the ground. She leaned on the table beside me, panting hard while whining with pain. I supported her back with my trembling hand, not knowing what to do. I was panicking.

"Oh my gosh, I thought she would faint!"

"Lee Shanshannn. You said that it's just stress but what I see is something worse than that!" I said, biting my lip to stop myself from scolding her. I knew I shouldn't lecture her right now. It would just make her condition worse.

"I'm okay now," she finally spoke, picking her bag after regaining her composure. "You don't have to worry. I am fine."

I looked at her, her firm stare hiding all the pain and exhaustion she felt. She's pretending to be strong and okay. My heart ached because of it. She's trying hard not to make everyone around her worry.

"I'll call everyone in the bar. You are not going. You need to rest," I demanded, pulling her arm.

"But..."

I ignored her, still pulling her while we walked outside.

"Everyone is expecting me to come!" She exclaimed.

I led her to the car without speaking before going to my seat and starting the engine.

"I'm fine now, Min Ho! It was just a headache. I can manage it throughout the party!" She argued, looking at me.

"I don't want you to be tiring yourself out! Rest if you need to rest! Don't make yourself get worse! I don't know what is happening to you but at least listen to me once!" I sighed, holding back all the words I wanted to say to her. I tried to gain composure before talking. "You should go home. Your best friend came to see you a while ago but decided to wait for you at your apartment after waiting for a long time."

"Oh, JK?" she mumbled, gripping on her dress. "Since when did he come here?"

I felt relieved, sensing that I persuaded her to go home after hearing about his best friend.

^^. . . ^^

"I can go alone from here. Thank you, Min Ho," she said in a calm voice.

I closed the door behind her as I helped her step out of the car.

"I'll... leave after making sure that you arrived at your door safely," I said before going back inside the car.

I watched her slowly walk towards her apartment while holding on to her dress. Before she opened the door, she gave me a small smile and disappeared.

I turned my head forward, not minding starting the car.

"Lee Shanshan."

I had a lot of whys. Why does it have to be me? Why does it have to be me always seeing her suffer like this? Why is she keeping her sickness a secret? It gives me anxiety every time I wonder about what she's hiding. Sometimes I ask myself, "Is she dying?" And I could feel my heart shattering from the thought of it. I wanted so much to ask the truth, but I felt afraid. I felt like I couldn't take it if Shanshan would tell me the secret she was keeping from everyone.

I took my phone out and pressed Lily's contact. I waited for like a minute before she answered the video call.

"Why~," she asked in a grumpy voice, complaining because I woke her up from sleep. "Why are you calling at this hour?"

She opened her eyes wide in surprise. "Are you crying? What's wrong??"

I began to sniffle, turning into a sob as uncontrollable tears started to flow from my face. The worry I felt towards Shanshan made me want to hug Lily and tell her everything. "N-nothing. I just miss you, noona. I just miss you."