Chapter 29- I Will Never Let You Go

^^ MIN HO^^

Two days later, Shanshan went back to work, looking a bit better, but that didn't lessen my worry for her. I discovered that Mark is in the country to persuade her to go back to her family. I was thinking that it's a bit impossible for him to force her back. Shanshan already has a stable life in Korea and running her own business, but with how powerful her family is, her parents will do everything to get her back. And her ex-fiance is even giving her a short time to think about it. If she leaves with him, how about us and the gallery?

"Mr. President!" Miss Kim called as I passed by the counter while doing some errands for Shanshan. "The CEO has a mail."

"Thank you. I'll give it to her."

As soon as I entered the office, I held out the letter to her.

"Where is it from?" Shanshan asked, not not minding to lift her head while busy writing on her table.

Judging from the stamp, I immediately knew that it was from her family. "New York."

"Throw it away," she said coldly, still focusing on her task.

I sighed. This has been the fourth mail sent by Shanshan's family for this year but she never opened any of them. "Okay," I mumbled before walking towards the bin. Before I could throw the letter away, I noticed the name of the sender. This time, it wasn't her father. It's from her youngest 18-year old stepbrother and was sent two days ago. I glanced at my busy superior before curiosity took over me, my hands quietly ripping the cover and unfolding the letter.

I'm writing you a letter coz I know that my mom has access to my phone.

Daddy is very ill.

He asked me to send you a file, but Mom took it away from me. Recently, she's acting differently. I can't help being suspicious.

Come home with Mark and help me find the file. Daddy said it's a very important file. I'm sure it's hidden somewhere.

P.S. You can trust Mark.

-Roger

"Her stepmother..." I unconsciously crumpled the paper in my hand before shutting my eyes with exhaustion, processing the information I had just read. Something's odd. Something's wrong. It's a good thing that I didn't throw it right away. "However... if I let her know..."

"Yo." Someone spoke from the office door, snapping me out of my senses.

"Jungkook!" Shanshan blurted out. "You startled me."

I turned around to see Jungkook entering the office with a plastic bag while grinning. As usual, he wore the same black-colored outfit from his bonet to his boots, with only his wavy hair that was newly dyed into gold. It was like he was mourning for someone every day.

He gave me a short bow, and I did too before he turned to his best friend.

"What are those?" Shanshan leaned back on her chair with her arms crossed, obviously distracted by her best friend's presence.

"Mom cooked a lot of food for you. Kimchi fried rice, kimchi stew, oh- bulgogi... and samgyeopsal. I also brought red ginseng." He stated while spreading the lunchboxes on the table.

"Whoa. But why so many?" She leaned in to check on them.

"I'm worried about your health, so I asked eomma to cook meals for you. You don't seem to be eating your meals and you look like you're losing weight. Or am I the only one who thinks you're getting thin?" Jungkook turned to me and pointed at her. "She seems to be getting thin, right, hyung?"