Chapter 1- How Famous is BTS?

Finally, the long trip is over. I made an exhausted sigh as I stepped out of the bustling building, the people with their bags and luggage entering and leaving. The airport was crowded, but it seemed unusual. Did Korea's population increase so fast after I had been gone here for the past few years?

"Uh, right. I was away for almost ten years now, trying to survive a grueling life throughout those years."

My name is Lee Shanshan, a new name I made to hide my new identity from my stressful family. I hated it when they always kept track of what I'm doing. Many things might have happened in this country while I was out there in New York desperately trying to escape, but I feel pleased because I finally managed to break free from my father's grasp. Back there, he attempted to force me in the path of business, but his strict methods and own way of disciplining me were unable to change my mind. Since I am the eldest and my father's only child, my family expected me to take over our company, but I was never interested in ruling over such a thing.

I only have a passion for arts. I thought of ways to anger my family, gave them unsatisfying results, and openly paid no attention to anything related to business. Everyone regarded me as the black sheep among us three siblings- ugh, I have two pesky STEPbrothers, who I wished were never born. Having enough from me, my father decided to kick me out, which I secretly wanted.

"Go to Korea and feed yourself!"

And I did. Never in life did they know that I have been quietly putting up my own art gallery for the past four years in this country.

"I will surely make a good living from it without asking for their pointless support."

"Ugh!" I was lost in my thoughts until someone pushed me aside, bringing me back to the noisy atmosphere of the airport. I followed my gaze on the girl who was leaving in a rush. "Not even minding to say sorry?"

"This way. They're coming this way!" People with cameras passed by me.

Just then, I noticed more and more people pacing towards the airport's entrance, blocking the way to the VIP terminal. As seconds passed, the noise got louder with the growing mob. Sensing that something was going on, I quickly tugged my luggage and attempted to get away, but not a second later, I was already caught in the  out but instead, I found myself stuck like a trapped puppy.

"Damn, and where's Min Ho?!"

I expected that guy to be here soon to pick me up but I couldn't find him. I was still struggling to get away but failed. I sighed with frustration, accepting that I had to stand in the middle of this chaos until they could disperse. The people were holding cameras and phones in the air. Girls couldn't contain their enthusiasm while eagerly focusing their eyes towards the entrance, filling the atmosphere with thrilling impatience.

"What's with the commotion?"

I watched with curiosity as the entrance opened, sending everyone into a screaming frenzy.

"BTS! BTS!!"

"They're here! They're here!!"

"BTS...?" My ears suddenly perked up at the familiar name. "I'm sure I heard about them somewhere." I heard about this group a few times at some extravagant parties, but I never got to know its members' names individually.

"Then this is my chance to see them in person." I furrowed my eyebrows to see clearly the people marching out from the airport, my heart suddenly filled with nervous anticipation coming out of nowhere. "I'll just see how they look like, then leave immediately."

My ears could hear nothing but loud squeals and rapid sounds of shuttering cameras as the fans and reporters followed the guys who effortlessly drew everyone's attention with their stylish outfits, despite the many guards and staff that held them back. "Wow."

"TAEHYUNG-OPPAAAA, we missed you so much!"

"SUGA SARANGHAEEEE!!"

I watched in silent awe while the artists lined up in front of the cameras to pose and wave to the people. There were seven of them. Most of them wore masks, which made it difficult for me to see their faces clearly, only their perfect posture and general appearance visible.

"Please look here!"

"J-Hope please look here!"

"This side please!!"

The boys patiently obeyed and made heart poses at the cameras, making their fans get wild.

"BTS... who are these guys? Now that I've seen them, I wanted to know more about them."

The tight space between me and the crazy fans around me took me long to feel someone tugging on my shirt. When I turned around, I spotted a familiar face, his dark slick hair neatly brushed to the side and coffee-brown eyes wide open with concern.

"Ayoo, he has never changed his hairstyle for four years."

It was Park Min-ho. We had no time to talk in the middle of the crowd so he motioned me to follow him. We pushed ourselves out of the crowd and quickly settled into the car waiting for us.

At last, I could finally breathe. I wiped a sweat that trailed down my neck before rolling the window down to look at the bunch of people focused on the artists.

"Sorry Ma'am for making you wait for long. I didn't expect that BTS would cause heavy traffic near the airport."

"I would rather thank you for getting me out of that place,' I made a burst of exhausted laughter while putting on my seatbelt.

"You know, today is BTS' arrival from America and many people were flocking towards the airport to see them." He answered while clumsily starting the engine.

"They must be really famous then. Min-ho, how famous is BTS?"

 Min-ho, how famous is BTS?"