Chapter 15- The Truth Untold

^^ Honestly guys, I love reading your comments. Please comment and vote too! Thank you so much for reading my story. Love you all 🫶 ^^

"Aww, look who's here," Monalyn announced with a smirk before approaching me, her confident steps and intimidating presence all reminded me of the way she treated me back then. Time seemed to slow down as my ears caught the echoes of her footsteps. I wanted to run. But my feet were planted firmly on the ground.

Upon seeing me, a flustered Min-ho rushed to my side and introduced us to each other despite whatever humiliation he heard from the old lady. "Miss Lee, she's Madam Mona from New York." He stood between us, the way the visitor and I stared at each other intensely barely marked his perception. "...and this is Lee Shanshan, our CEO."

"CEO?" my stepmother lifted her snaky eyebrow and suddenly burst with laughter, causing Min-ho to cover an ear and shrink his shoulders.

"Wow," Monalyn clapped in mockery. "You call yourself a CEO with this small structure you have?! You never wanted to inherit your father's business, yet you are here running your own little shop."

"Why are you here?" I knitted my eyebrows in disgust, not moving an inch from my spot. "Okay, Lee Shanshan. Whatever happens, don't get scared... don't get nervous."

With an unsparing smile, she crossed her arms and spoke with one corner of her lips raised, "Do you think you can hide from us just because you changed your identity, Ji Hyo-ah?"

An audible gasp was heard from Min-ho after figuring out what was happening, yet he recovered quickly and moved next to me, gaping at the guest and her two big escorts in silence. I looked at him briefly before withdrawing a hot breath because of how pitiful he looked. "Poor Min-ho. I'm sorry for coming late."

Even though my legs seemed to knock off from fear, I let anger overcome my emotion and forced myself to stand my ground. "I'm impressed that you found me at once, but if you came here just to insult us, I need you to step out of here with your damn bodyguards right before I call the authorities!"

I made sure to sound bold and unafraid, yet in front of my conspicuous stepmother, I was just nothing but a small vulnerable girl. She did not show fear but belittled me instead.

"I'm not leaving until I had enough touring around your ridiculous little company..." she sighed, looking around the hall with an ironic pity. "Or maybe I should buy one first to show it to your father. He would surely be shocked to know that his daughter is doing arts."

"I said get out!" I yelled, my trembling voice echoing in the hall and catching the attention of everyone in the building but I didn't care.

"How can you shout at your client?" Monalyn laughed. Getting tired of my actions, she gave up playing around and got to the point, going back to her typical face and displaying dominance. "Your father needs you back in the company. Stop making these stupid arts and come back to our family."

What she told me made me scoff with disgust. "Family, my butt. I am never going back, and I have nothing to do with your nasty family!"

Monalyn's face quickly changed as I suddenly felt a sting on my cheek. Her palm reached my face, not just once... but twice.

"Miss Lee!" Min-ho screamed, but the bodyguards dragged him steps far from us. "Don't hurt her, you evil witch!"

As Min-ho struggled to get away from my stepmother's men, she stared at him before looking at me. "What did he say? Hey," she bickered, "You curse well in your language, but you can't even speak straight in English!"