Chapter 10- Cheers to my Forgotten Friendship

My hands flew to my cheeks, swiftly wiping the tears away as I lowered my head to the ground, avoiding his gaze.

"Why are you suddenly shedding tears?" Min-ho asked curiously, stepping closer to see my face only to make me turn away from him.

"I'm fine. It's just- because of the wind."

I tried to lie, yet he didn't budge. "Stop lying to me. I saw you tearing up."

I sighed before facing him again, his raised eyebrows falling as he scanned my face. "Min-ho-yah, do you want to have a drink with me?"

A few minutes later, we found ourselves seated in a small eatery, the soft chuckles from the other customers and chimes of the utensils filling our background. I had two bottles of soju in front of me, paired with samgyeopsal and chicken. As I sat with my shoulders slumping with the heavy load of loneliness within me, I thought about how I should start telling everything to my assistant about me and JK. I wondered how he would react if he discovered that I was linked with a member of the boyband he adored so much.

Min-ho carefully poured some soju into my glass while watching me intently, his eyes not leaving my every move. "Is your family troubling you again?"

I shook my head before releasing a deep sigh.

"Then who is it this time?"

Min-ho was very sensitive when it came to my problems. He and Lily knew everything about my family and all the hell I suffered from New York, so Min-ho always suspected them first.

I let out a chuckle, making his eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Did I kick someone out of my life... or am I the one being kicked out?"

Setting the bottle back on the table, he leaned back on his chair and crossed his arms. "You are always the one being kicked out."

I laughed. "You are right. I came to know... that I had been kicked out by him. But it's my fault." I rested my head on my palm and made a long sigh. "He lost hope in me and chose to forget."

"Who is that person?"

"Jeon Jungkook," I muttered, the mention of his name made me break into pieces.

"W-who?" Min-ho asked again as his eyebrows twitched in puzzlement.

"Jeon Jungkook," I repeated lazily, feeling my chest throbbing with pain while uncontrollable tears began to blur my eyes again.

Not getting the whole picture, he asked in confusion. "W-why-why would he push you away? I thought I saw you awhile ago having a good conversation with him?" He moved forward against the table and tilted his head, perplexed.

"Because he doesn't recognize me anymore," I answered, lowering my eyes and causing a drop of tear on the table. "We used to be best friends."

"What?" Min-ho's eyes went wide as he stood up and slammed his hand on the table. "You were friends with a BTS member?!"

"Pour me some more drink," I lifted my glass and waited. "I want to forget these pathetic shitty feelings."

Hours passed, and I was still drinking with Min-ho. I told him the whole story, which convinced him to stay until I was drunk. He was still speechless about my hidden past with JK, yet he showed concern and sympathy.

"What's the matter with her?" I heard Lily's voice behind me.

I did not realize how long I was drinking. Min-ho too, was a bit tipsy, his eyes reddening with the effect of the alcohol.

"Lily-ah, are you here to... pick me up?" I lifted my head to look at her with my drowsy eyes, unable to speak well. "How did you come here?"

"Min-ho called me. He said I need to pick someone who was pathetically kicked out in the street by her friend."