Chapter 23- Sickly

Two months later. . .

^^ MINHO ^^

"I think your friend is not okay. I'm starting to notice that she is getting pale and thin. And there are like five times this month that she complained about headache," I said to Lily, who was having a video call with me in the office. I swayed on the swivel chair, turning around while holding the phone.

"Have you asked her if she went to the doctor?" She asked with concern, her worried look making me regret what I said. I am too honest.

"She said yes. According to the doctor, it was only caused by stress and work."

I heard her sigh. "Ahhh, I wish I could go home now. I am getting worried about her condition, and she isn't telling me anything about it."

"Noona, don't worry about it. I will watch over her for you until you go home," I assured her, giving him a smile.

Lily is in Russia, who is finally able to become a student of her favorite international artist. She has been there for almost a year and was expecting to go home this December. Lily and I, well, have gotten close to each other. I'd want to confess to her, but I know that this isn't the right time, especially that she is at the peak of her career.

"Please take care of her for me while I'm away," She answered. "And also, take care of yourself."I looked back at her with a smile. "Noona, I will."

Suddenly, I heard the door open. I turned my head towards it, seeing Shanshan entering with a pout. She dropped her bag away before settling on her table with a stressed look.

"I think she's there already." Lily guessed on the other side of the phone. "You better get back to work."

"Hm." I nodded. "I'm hanging up."

She waved and smiled, making me want to talk more with her. I just sighed before pressing the red button that ended the video call.

I turned with my chair to look at Shanshan, quietly thinking to herself. "You came back earlier than I thought."

"I had my interview canceled for tomorrow." She mumbled while putting her hands on the sides of her head. "I'm not feeling productive today."

"W-what? But we are scheduled to go tomorrow to the charity event."

She sighed while massaging her head. "C-can you go alone? I mean, do I have to be there?"

"Of course! You are the special guest of the event, and all the honor belongs to you," I answered, our tables facing across each other with just the couch between us. "You also have to make the speech, remember?"

"Ahhh..." she sighed in tiny while leaning back on the chair and looking at the ceiling. "I guess I don't have a choice."

"Good. Now I don't have to prepare anything for tomorrow. I was afraid she might send me alone to the event and make me do all the speech and stuff." I smirked. Suddenly, I heard my phone ring. It was a new number. I answered the call, putting my phone on my ear." Hello?"

"Is this Miss Lee Shanshan? This is the contact number she wrote on her registration form for the photography contest." The voice explained.

"Y-yes," I glanced at Shanshan, who was still in her seat, dazed. "This is her assistant."

"I just want to tell you in advance that she won a grand award from the contest. Since it is a big contest, we are inviting her for the..."

"Ma'am Shanshan!" I ran to her, making her jolt in surprise. "You won! You won!"

She looked up at me with wonder, still not getting the situation. "What do you mean?"