Dreamlike

Your P.O.V.

I stretched my arms when we finally got out of the ferris wheel, starting to feel tired.

"Wonyoung-ie, thank you for today." I told her as we started to walk towards the exit.

"Of course. But don't think that this is over yet." she said with a smirk.

"What?" I asked and she wordlessly grabbed my hand and took us both to the bus station.

When we arrived somewhere, it was already sunset.

"Not that I'm complaining, but why are we at the beach?" I questioned.

"You said that it would be perfect to watch the sunset. So, I took you here." she gave me a smile so I beamed in return.

"You're the best." I replied before running closer to the water.

We splashed and played for a while, not minding our clothes getting wet.

"You know, after what I discovered yesterday, I thought I was the most unlucky person in the world. But now, I feel quite the opposite." I told her as we sat down at the sand.

"I've got friends to rely on, I experienced a lot of wonderful things..." I added.

She looked at me, listening to every word I uttered.

"And I have you." I looked back at her and noticed how her cheeks reddened.

I giggled at her reaction and stood up, dusting myself in the process.

"Come on, it's getting late. Your parents might be worrying about you." I said and walked ahead, but I didn't hear her footsteps behind me.

I looked back to see her standing still while staring at the sunset.

"Wonyoung-ie..." I called her attention then she hummed as a response.

"Aren't we going?" I asked once again.

She exhaled deeply and kept her eyes at the view.

"You know what Y/n-ie, it's funny how comfortable I am when you're with me. Yet there are a thousand words I haven't told you." I tilted my head in confusion, trying to analyze her words.

"You have secrets?" I asked.

"Yes." she nodded.

"It's okay to have some. They're secrets after all. But if you want to tell me, I'm all ears." I sincerely told her.

I stood behind her, facing her back while she kept looking in front.

"Remember that day when you confessed to me?" she asked.

My heart wrenched in pain as the memories I wanted to forget came back.

"What about it?" I tried not to stutter and keep my voice as a mere whisper.

"I told you before that I don't think I'm the perfect person for you." I was starting to feel confused and upset at the same time.

Why exactly is she bringing it up?

"But maybe that's because I can only be the right one for you."

I widened my eyes and tried to find if there were any signs of lying in her voice. I became speechless, my feet glued to the ground like I was some statue.

Is she saying what I think she's saying?

"Y/n-ie... I've kept my feelings for so long, and I don't think I can keep on hiding this." she slowly turned around to face me, with a serious expression on her face.