Secret Story Of The Swan

Your P.O.V.

"I have something to confess to you."

I almost stopped breathing for a while and I felt like the world suddenly stopped turning.

Could this night get any calmer???

Before she can utter another word, my phone rang from my purse. Mom was calling me so I answered.

"Hey mom. Why are you--"

"Y/n! Quick, you need to go home now!"

I looked at Wonyoung for a bit and stepped not too far away.

"Why? What's the matter?"

"I'll just explain here. So please come home right now."

"Okay."

I ended the call and turned to the girl waiting beside me.

"Hey, uhm, my mom urgently needs me to go home." I told her while scratching my nape.

"Oh." she nodded and looked down.

I sighed and tried to walk away, but I feel like I should do something. So I turned around.

"We could walk home, you know." I offered and she looked up, smiling as a response.

As soon as I went home, everything was messy again. Papers were scattered on the floor, shelves were wide open, and mom wasn't anywhere.

Until she came out of her room looking the most messy.

"Mom?" I greeted and she looked so relieved when she saw me.

She came running and wrapped me in a hug.

"What's happening?" I asked her.

She didn't answer for a while until she finally let go. And when she did, tears were already streaming down her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked, panicking as I held her shoulders.

"Y-y/n... Your dad..." she was already crying and when she mentioned him, my whole body tensed as if it was the one word that terrified me.

"Don't worry about him. He's already kept away, right?" I assured her and patted her back.

She shook her head continuously and I got more confused.

"H-he's.... He got o-out...." I felt my body limp and my jaw dropped instantly.

How the hell is this happening? And now, of all times?! This can't be real...

I exhaled deeply and tried composing myself. I looked around once again and it didn't really make sense to me.

"Then what are these for? Don't tell me he did this?" I questioned while pointing at all the mess.

She shook her head again and wiped the tears from her face.

"He hasn't come here yet..." she said.

I sighed of relief and ran a hand through my hair. Well, at least he didn't do anything to mom.

"Then what happened here? They couldn't have just flew out." I asked.

She pasted her gaze on the floor and didn't answer me, so I just did my own research and looked at all the papers.

Other papers were just some legal works or something. But when I looked at another document, I almost couldn't believe my eyes.

I tried reading it over and over again to make sure my understanding was correct. But the more I did, the more I wished I didn't know how to read.