Violeta

Your P.O.V.

"I want you to go to the prom with me... But not as friends."

I stood here frozen like a statue. People around me were just as shocked as I was.

Did she just confess?

I don't exactly know what to say. I mean, if she simply asked me to go to prom with her, I would gladly say yes.

But she means it as something more. I do admit that my heart fluttered for her at times. But I'm not sure about what I feel. She was there for me when Wonyoung rejected me, and she saved me a lot of times.

Everytime I'm with her, I feel comfortable and safe. Like nothing bad could possibly happen. And to be honest, if I didn't have feelings for Wonyoung in the first place I would definitely fall for her.

But ever since Wonyoung rejected me, I was confused with my own feelings. I was confused not only if I have moved on from Wonyoung, but also because Chaewon was there. And everytime she was, it's like I could almost forget I even liked Wonyoung.

I was distracted from my thoughts when I caught a glimpse of her behind the other girls. She didn't look okay and I just remembered that she had something to say to me a while ago.

"What the hell? Isn't she going to answer?"
"She left Chaewon hanging over there."
"I swear if she refuses..."

I got back to the real world again by hearing those whispers from the crowd. Well, they're really not whispering since I can hear them.

I returned my gaze back at Chaewon. I suddenly felt guilty that I made her wait for an answer when she did a lot of effort just to ask me out.

I made up my mind and forced out a smile.

"Yes, Chaewon."

She immediately dropped the mic on the ground and rushed to hug me.

I was taken aback but as soon as I felt her warm embrace, I wrapped my arms around her and leaned my head on the crook of her neck.

I'm doing the right thing, right?

Wonyoung's P.O.V.

I'm too late... I should've asked her sooner. Now, not only did I lose her as a partner.

I lost her as a lover.

When I rejected her before, I thought I would lose that chance in exchange of keeping her as my bestfriend, at the very least. But now I lost all my chance.

She said yes to Chaewon not as a partner for prom, but to be more than just friends.

Fvck it! If I just accepted her confession before, this wouldn't be happening...

Now I'm watching the person I liked be in another's arms. In my friend's arms.

I couldn't take it anymore. I left the scene and went home, not bothering to answer the calls of my friends from behind.

As soon as I arrived home, I went straight to my room and bawled my eyes out.

It was clear in my memory how Y/n looked at me one last time before answering Chaewon. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't expecting her to reject Chaewon and come to me instead.

I hoped that she would. The way she looked at me told me that she would.

But she didn't.

Instead she held Chaewon in her arms, in front of everyone. Just when I thought I was finally going to have her.

After crying my eyes out for what felt like hours, I washed myself and was ready to go to bed. But the window caught my attention.