Waiting

Your P.O.V.

"The least? Then, you think we can do that without pretending?"

I blinked my eyes a few times to process what she said. Like, what?

Is she saying what I think she's saying??

"I--"

"What are you two still doing here?" I was cut off when we heard a voice behind.

"It's getting dark, your parents might be getting worried about you Chaewon." I turned around to see Wonyoung walking towards us with her arms crossed.

"I just walked Y/n home. I do it every day I'm sure my parents know what I'm doing." Chaewon replied.

I heard Wonyoung click her tongue and they were both staring, or more like glaring at each other so I had to clear my throat.

"Uhm, Wonyoung's right Chaewon. You should probably go home now it's getting late." I told her while scratching my nape.

She looked at me and gave me a smile.

"Goodbye then, Y/n." she patted my shoulder and walked away while holding the teddy bear.

I watched her until she was finally out of view, then turned to walk inside.

"Wait..." Wonyoung grabbed my arm from behind and pulled me to face her.

"Hm?" I raised an eyebrow and gestured for her to continue.

"Can we talk for a while?" she pleaded as she stared deeply into my eyes.

Ugh. This is going to be the first time we'll be having a decent talk after what happened.

"Sure. What is it?" I asked.

She looked at the ground and fiddled with my hands, which she was still holding.

"I'm sorry about what I said before." she kept her gaze down even when she spoke.

I stared at her, making sure she was sincere with her apology. Silence was surrounding the both of us, and while the cold air was freezing my body, her hand was keeping me warm.

"What are you apologizing for? Telling the truth? Or hurting my feelings?" I asked.

She looked back at me and squeezed my hand. I can see how her eyes were holding back tears as she frowned.

"I'm sorry, that was crossing the line. But whatever it is, I forgive you." the moment I said those words, tears came running down her face and she pulled me into a hug.

She's taller than me, but I let her lean her head on my shoulder as she sobbed. I rubbed her back to comfort her. Because no matter how hurt I am, and no matter what I feel for her, at the end of the day she's still my bestfriend. And I still care for her.

"I'm really s-sorry, Y/n-ie..." she hiccuped and I giggled at how she was being such a baby in my arms.

After she calmed down, we broke the hug and I wiped the tears on her cheeks.

"Look at you, you're taller than me but you're being such a baby." I teased and she laughed.

"That's because I am a baby. Your baby.." she muttered the last part but I clearly heard it.

"Oh yeah? You want me to take care of you?" I laughed.

"Ugh.. Shut up. I didn't mean a literal baby, you idiot." I widened my eyes in surprise as she snarled at me.

"Did you just call me--"

"Yes, you're an idiot Y/n-ie. Now it's getting cold, we should head inside." she rolled her eyes and I just shrugged, going inside the apartment.