Rococo

Your P.O.V.

"Because I can't help thinking that that person should be me!" she raised her voice but her eyes softened while saying those words to me.

I should feel angry... I want to be angry at her... But what she said just confused my emotions more.

I scoffed and laughed at how ridiculous this was.

"Why? Shouldn't you be happy with Jisung?" I asked narrowing my eyes at her.

"That's the thing! I should be happy with him but instead I feel frustrated everytime I see you with Chaewon!" she yelled.

"I feel upset at you for saying that you like me, but then later on I see you flirting with anoth--" her words were starting to anger me, so I cut her off.

"You feel upset for that?!" I asked her annoyingly. She only looked at me, creasing her forehead.

"It was you who rejected me in the first place! Did you know how hurt I was when you did that?! You were my bestfriend but I risked it all just to tell you how I felt! It hurt when I watched you slowly got attached with that boy! But I didn't get upset because you were right, I don't own you." with every word that came out from my mouth, tears started to flow down my face and my voice showed how vulnerable I got each second.

I looked up at the sky and wiped the tears. I breathed deeply and looked at her one last time, before walking away.

"N-no... Y/n-ie please..." she tried to grab my arm but I dodged her.

"I'm sorry. If I knew that it would separate the both of us like this, I shouldn't have confessed." I muttered while looking at the ground.

"No. Don't apologize. I was wrong." she said and kept on reaching for my hand, but I avoided her.

"Then tell me honestly. Because I keep on getting confused of how you really feel." I told her and she only looked down.

I felt disappointed that she wasn't answering me. Instead, silence surrounded the both of us. But I was surprised when she stepped closer to me and engulfed me in a tight, warm embrace.

I felt her heartbeat against mine and her head was resting on the crook of my neck. It was like the best feeling in the world and all I can hear was our hearts beating in the same pace.

I wrapped my arms around her and rested my head on her shoulder. Although she didn't say anything, this was enough for me.

"I'm sorry if I can't answer your question. Even I don't know what I'm feeling." she muttered against my skin.

I nodded slowly as a reply. I felt her sniff against my neck and it instantly sent shivers down my body.

"If I could stay here with you forever, I would." she whispered lowly.

I giggled and pulled away. She seemed to not let go for a second but eventually she did.

"But we can't. And we have to go home too." I smiled at her.

She nodded and returned a smile, but it didn't reach her eyes.

We didn't utter another word and headed straight home.

"Mom I'm home!"

I went inside, expecting mom to be at the kitchen cooking. But the lights were on yet there were no signs of her anywhere.

I dropped my bag at the room first and went back out to find her.

Just as I passed by her room, the door was slightly opened and I can see the light from her bathroom was open.