Mise-En-Scène

(another tw: abuse)

Your P.O.V.

I blinked a few times to process what she said.

"Wonyoung, that's not a part of the script..." I whispered to her.

She looked at me, widening her eyes as soon as she realizes. She let go of my hand and I turned away, trying to hide a blush.

"Did you just forget the lines?" Jiyoon asked and I walked back to her.

"I'm sorry." Wonyoung lowly said.

"No, it actually worked!" we all looked at Jiyoon as she clapped her hands and exclaimed.

"Wonyoung even held her hand and caressed her hair! Y/n brought the emotions out of Wonyoung!" she happily said while I look at the ground, fiddling with my shirt.

"That's it for today then! Good work everyone!"

I was walking out the gate, feeling my tired body. Then I remembered I was supposed to walk home with Wonyoung today.

I turned back around just in time to see her walking, with Jisung.

"Wonyoung-ie, shall we--"

"Oh by the way, have you asked permission from your parents already? They might be worried." I was cut off when Jisung spoke to her, gaining her attention. Great.

"Yeah don't worry about it." she replied. I was about to speak again but he spoke first.

"That's great then. My driver is already there, waiting for us." what?

I finally cleared my throat, irritated that they were not noticing my presence.

"Uhm, I guess I'll just meet you there at the car?" Jisung asked and Wonyoung nodded, making him leave.

"Are you going somewhere?" I sternly asked her.

"The play is getting nearer and we have to practice more. It was obvious a while ago that we needed more time." she answered avoiding my eyes.

I sighed. I wanted to remind her that she was supposed to be walking home with me today, but I was too tired and too sick of this.

"Okay. Be safe." I blankly stated and started to walk home.

I was hiding how upset I was since she's been doing this to me for days. Does she really like hanging out with him more? Or did she just distanced herself from me because I confessed?

It doesn't matter now anyway. She's not mine, and she never was. So I have no right to feel this way.

I was about to enter the apartment building, but I heard a voice from the staircase.

"About time you showed up." I looked up to see my dad, tons of bottles laying next to him and another one on his hand.

Oh sht! He's here.

"Please, not today. I'm too tired." I exasperatedly stated, hoping that just for once, he gets tired too.

"Since when did I care?" I rubbed my temples as he tipsily walked over to me, with a bottle still in his hand.

He wearily swinged it towards me, but fortunately I managed to grab a hold of it and threw it on the ground.

"You think I'm not tired too? I'm sick of living with the pain that you caused me!" he yelled as he threw a punch at my face.

Thanks for giving me another bruise.

"What exactly did I do to you?!" I cried out as I tried to attack, but he kicked my stomach and I fell on the ground.