100

Tuesday morning I'm up early. By early I mean I'm up at 5 a.m. for some reason. I think it's a mixture of excitement and nerves. I'm excited to find the perfect ring for Lauren and to propose but nervous at the same time because this is a big step and I'm nervous she might say no. What if she actually doesn't want to get married again? Or what if she doesn't want to marry... me? I know she loves me so I just hope I'm nervous for no reason.

I head downstairs to the kitchen and make a pot of coffee. Once it's ready I fix a cup and head out to the back porch. This gives me a perfect opportunity to plan out my proposal to Lauren. I had already decided on the spot because it means a lot to me. I've just got to work out the other details and what I want to say.

I'm so lost in my thoughts that I lose track of time until I hear a soft noise behind me and the faint sound of footsteps on the porch. Before I can even turn around to see who it is, I know it's Lauren. I smile as the sweet scent of her Light Blue perfume invades my senses and consumes me and her arms wrap around my waist.

I lean into Lauren and rest against her. "What are you doing out here?" She inquires. I sit my coffee cup on the porch banister and rest my hands on her arms. As I start to move her arms so I can turn around she says "I want to hold you for a moment."

Another smile tugs at my lips as I feel Lauren tighten her arms around me. "What time is it?" I ask out loud.

Before I can look at my watch Lauren says "it's 7:05 a.m." Wow, I didn't realize I have been out here nearly two hours. Her body is warm against me and I could stay like this for as long as she would allow but I know I have to get ready because Katie will be here by 8.

"I really love you, you know that?" I say with a chuckle but there's no humor in it. Lauren turns me around and gently caresses my check as she smiles at me.

"I really love you too, Kyler." Lauren replies as she traces her fingers over my lips. God, I don't want to leave her right now but I need to get ready. She also doesn't know that Katie is coming to get me either.

"I... need to go get ready because I will be leaving soon. Katie is coming to get me at 8 to go somewhere with her. I will be back by lunch time, then I want to take you to some of my favorite places." Lauren pouts at me but it's a playful pout. I peck her lips "you're not mad about me going with Katie are you?" I ask just to be sure.

Lauren shakes her head, "no babe it's fine. I know you want to spend some time with your best friend. I'm going to work on sending my resume out to a few more schools while you're gone." I grab my empty coffee cup as she grabs my other hand and she pulls me inside. Lauren takes the cup out of my hand and pats my hip with her other hand and says "go get ready babe." I kiss her and head upstairs to get ready quickly since I don't have a lot of time now.

Katie gets here a couple minutes after 8 and I kiss Lauren bye and head out the door. We decide to stop by a Starbucks first and get some coffee before starting our search. After we leave Starbucks we go to a few smaller jewelry stores to see what they have in engagement rings. It's close to 10 when we leave the third jewelry store, having no luck, so I tell Katie to head to Cordova Mall. There's a Kay Jewelers in the mall and I just have a feeling I will find what I want there.

Once we get parked I head straight for Kay Jewelers. It's 10:15 and they haven't been open long and it's not busy at the mall yet so hopefully this will be good. Katie and I look through all the engagement rings cases and nothing stands out to me yet. "How much are you wanting to spend?" Katie asks.

"I put $5,000 back just in case. It doesn't have to be that much but it has to be perfect." Katie nods and pulls me over to the bridal ring sets case. I had never thought about getting a bridal set but it will not hurt to look.

As I am looking through the case one bridal set catches my eyes. My heart feels like it leaps in my throat as I look at the ring through the glass case. I asked the saleswoman to look at it and I suddenly feel all giddy inside.

The ring is so beautiful and just... perfect. It's a romantic rose gold 1 - ¼ carat diamond bridal set. The engagement ring has four sparkling princess cut diamonds in the center, framed by delicate milgrain round diamonds. More round diamonds go down both sides of the double band engagement ring and the wedding band matches.

Katie looks at the ring and gasps when she sees it and she asks the saleswoman the price as I'm studying the bridal set. The set is on sale for $2,700 and it's regular price is $3,300. I don't care if it was $5,000, it's definitely the perfect ring. I feel tears in my eyes as I'm looking at the ring and picturing Lauren walking down the aisle to become my wife.

I'm pulled from my thoughts when Katie snaps her fingers in my face. I look up and the saleswoman is smiling at me. "Is that the one you like?" She asks with the smile still gracing her face.

I instantly nod my head. "Yes ma'am it is. My girlfriend wears a size 6 so do you happen to have that size?" I question then hold my breath because I really don't want to wait on being able to propose. I want to do it while we are here in Pensacola. I want to take Lauren over to Pensacola beach to mine and my mom's favorite spot on the beach. It's a special place to me and I can't think of a more perfect spot that means so much to me and I want to share that with Lauren.

The ring was a size 6 and I was so happy I nearly choked up when I told the saleswoman I would take it. Katie was so excited she started squealing like a little kid as she jumped up and down pulling on my arm.

With the perfect ring in my hands, we left Kay Jewelers and headed back to Aunt Mary's. "You did it." Katie smirked at me before asking "how does it feel?"

"I'm excited as hell but nervous at the same time. I just don't want to screw this up." Katie nodded her head in understanding and talked my ear off the rest of the way and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face knowing I was fixing to see the love of my life. I swear, Katie is right, I am so whipped for Lauren. I just hope I don't open my big mouth and let my plans slip.