Ch - 40 "Laugh"

"Once you start laughing
You start healing"

~  Unknown 

Part 40

Angel's Pov 

"You are a bastard, idiot" Benny yelled and I glared at her. "You shouldn't be yelling" she glared back at me and I flushed in my seat. 

"Don't take his side Angel, just tell him he is an idiot and duffer" I blinked at her and looked at Blaize. He was giving me looks and I gulped. 

You all must be wondering what is even happening so let me take you 10 minutes backward in time. 

It all started with a pancake, yes a pancake. 

10 minutes ago

Today is the day when my plaster will be off my hand. It's been four days since I saw the news of James Morris dying in the hands of cops. I was shocked but didn't want to think about it more because his name gives me nightmares. 

Blaize took me to hospital to see mom and I again told her to wake up soon. Blaize was really caring towards me and always trying to make me smile and laugh. But I always end up with a small smile.

Kate is on a business trip for a month with Ray and I didn't want to disturb her by calling but she called me yesterday and I had to tell her the truth. She wanted to cancel her trip and came back but I told her that I'm fine and Blaize is actually taking very good care of me. 

She was surprised but happy that things finally started to fall in place.

Then today at breakfast the atmosphere was a little bit changed. Benny didn't seem to be in a good mood. 

"Are you okay Benny? " I asked her and she pouted, making me frown at her.

"What happened?" I asked Chris and he shrugged. Chris has also started to lose it with me. 

"I just told her the fatness will suit her in pregnancy," Chris said and Benny pouted angrily. 

"No you literally called me fatty" she whined like a kid. 

Blaize took a pancake from Benny's plate and she glared at him. "Sir, you ask before taking other's stuff" she said sarcastically.

Blaize rolled his eyes and took another pancake from her plate. 

"Well, it's not wrong to call you fatty I guess, you look healthier then before, so it's better if you share your food" Chris's eyes widened at Blaize's words and Benny glared murder at him.

"How. Dare. You" she gritted and threw a spoon at him, making my eyes widened. Blaize duck on time as the spoon was about to hit his face. 

I looked at dad and he shrugged. "Don't look at me, I'm used to it. These two are kids when it comes to fighting." 

"Jezz, will you control your stupid wife, she is wild" Blaize yelled at Chris.