Ch - 18 "Flashback/5"

"What happened to you, was not your fault. The struggles you have today, like your cPTSD symptoms, are a normal response to abnormal events. So please be kind with yourself."

~ Unknown 

Part 18

(Angel's Pov (Age 18))

Hurt, it's a very small word but has a great potential to break a heart. I was kinda feeling the same, like someone pulled my heart out of my ribcage. 

They say that the world is running on hope, so we should always keep it, but till when ? How long can we wait in a hope ? How long will I wait for him? 

It's been two years since Blaize went back to Newyork, and one and half years since he contacted me. I still tried his Number, mail, and social media, but no results. 

I wasn't able to contact him. Sofia's contact isn't even working. 

I took my phone out and tried to call him again, but again it says the number doesn't exist, is it really that the number or the person I loved didn't ever exist, was that all facade, lies but for what? Why? and why me? 

My mind wants me to accept the betrayal that my heart is afraid of accepting. 

Sometimes I feel Ian is right. Whatever he said is right. I was just a playing material for him until he found someone more interesting than me. 

But my heart doesn't want to accept it, maybe because it still had a hope that he'll be back at my graduation to take me with him, just like he promised. 

But he broke that promise too. Today was my graduation day and it's evening now, but he didn't come.

He doesn't even try to contact me, but what happened, did I do anything wrong? 

Mom says if he doesn't come back then she will take me to Newyork and we can find him there. She is a believer. She thinks everything is possible in this world, all we need to do is open our heart and arms. 

I sighed and stood up from the bench, I was sitting upon. Ian also didn't come today and the reason is unknown to me. Even Ian has behaved differently since three months and started taking drugs. 

I remember searching for Ian in all of college, three month ago and found him behind the college area. 

He was with 3 different boys, who didn't look good and were teaching him drugs. I quickly took him away and told Aaron everything. 

He said he will take care of Ian. I'm afraid of him being in some bad guys company who teaches him how to kill himself with these harmful substances. 

I tried to make him understand but he doesn't listen to anyone. It's just like he is not Ian, who was my friend.

So many things happened and got changed in two years. 

I reached his home and found Clara going out with Ava, Ava is her beautiful little daughter. "Hey Clara, hey Ava" I hugged them both. "Where are you going and where is Ian? He didn't even come today, it was our graduation day" I asked her.

"He is in a room dear, he said he doesn't want to go and neither want us to go, but you can talk to him, he looks really depressed nowadays. I think he needs a friend" she said with a sad smile and I nodded.

...WARNING (TRIGGERING CONTENT)...

After knocking for like forever, he opened the door. Clara was right, He looked really really tired and depressed.