Ch - 30 "Bad Instinct"

"I distance Myself from People for a Reason"

~  Unknown 

Part 30

Angel's Pov 

I walked out of the bathroom in my bathrobe, finally I felt really refreshed after taking a long shower. 

There are still 2 hours left for the conference to start so I decided to dry my hair with a hair dryer.  Of course it's gonna take longer than necessary. 

Yesterday was a very hectic day. In the morning I was the happiest girl. 

Even the slap from Lacey didn't bother me because the kiss was the best thing that happened and I thought blaize and I finally got closer. 

But once again my hope crumbled upon by the truth. When I thought that the kiss was the start for our relationship, to Blaize it was just a pure mistake. 

Again my heart broke into pieces. He really hates me that much. I tried my very best to control my emotions in front of him. But I broke down in sobs when I locked myself in my room. 

I didn't even have dinner but then again the maid came and asked me to have lunch because if I didn't then Blaize will fire her out. 

I was again confused, he is sending me mixed signals. Sometimes he hates me, scolds me, behaves like he would be anywhere but near me and sometimes he cares like he loves only me in this whole world. 

I had dinner and finally went to sleep. Since morning I was again in my room, I have already completed my work and sent it to Adrian with the help of a maid. 

But Benny came with lunch and ordered me to finish it so I had to. Again I went to sleep for the whole noon and in the evening started to prepare for the conference. 

I decided to wear my best office attire as it's a professional gala. 

After drying my hair, I was about to take my clothes out when there was a knock on my door. 

"Who is it?" I asked. 

"It's me, Benny" I opened my door and she smiled.  

"It's thought we could get ready together, plus I wanted to see what you were wearing" she said happily while I locked the room again. 

"This" I showed her my office attire.

Her face was constructed with a strange expression. "Uhm Angel, you don't wear an office outfit at conferences, didn't you bring any dresses?" 

I shook my head "I thought these clothes are good" she shook her head and murmured. I knew it. 

"What?" I asked. "Nothing, here I have dresses for you, I thought you might need them and see I was right" 

She showed me a dress, it was black in color, but what shocked me was it's design. 

It was a completely backless dress, and the front had a deep neckline, it was a strip dress which would show my one leg and I made a horrific look. 

"I'm not going to wear it," I said. 

"But I-" I cut her off in the middle.  "Please Benny, I don't wear dresses like this … revealing too much skin. So please don't force me" I requested her and she sighed. 

"Fine but you'll like this other dress" she showed me another dress and I immediately liked it. 

It was line long sleeves off shoulder dress, but the neckline covered every skin. Plus the ocean color looks really beautiful on it. So I didn't argue this time and changed into a beautiful dress.