Chapter 23 : 70% Luck and 30% Effort (1).

As Warlord’s popularity unceasingly skyrocketed, the popularity of the Top 30 Guilds that possessed the live channels skyrocketed as well.

At the same time, the competition between the Top 30 Guilds grew increasingly fierce. It arguably surpassed the level of fierce and was simply extreme and desperate. As competition grew, conflicts between the Top 30 Guilds increased. There was even a rumor that some of them faked conflicts to get more viewership from their guild battles.

With such competition, Warlord’s first main scenario quest, the Corrupt Count, was practically the Holy Grail.

“Is there anything new about the Corrupt Count?”

The Corrupt Count was a hot topic that pretty much guaranteed a TV special. The rumor was that the ad-revenue for the final battle with the Corrupt Count would rival the Super Bowl’s ad-revenue.

It went without saying that the Top 30 Guilds collected any and all information regarding the Corrupt Count. Some guilds even formed a monitoring division that collected Corrupt Count related information.

“There is this one video…”

“Video?”

As popular as the Corrupt Count was, the online world was overflowing with videos and information about it. Of course, most of them were no different than worthless trash.

“Does it have anything useful?”

But a jewel could be found even within a pile of trash.

“It’s a video of a level 15 player killing a Corrupted Werewolf.”

“Level 15? Then isn’t that the start of the Corrupt Count quest line? What use is that to us?”

“His fight was rather… amazing.”

Of course, the Monitoring Team didn’t just look for Corrupt Count-related information.

“It seems he obtained the Rising Star title as well.”

“The Rising Star title?”

At times, players with lots potential shine more than any treasure. The Monitoring Team was also in charge of any “Rising Stars.”

“Plus, he killed the Corrupted Werewolf alone.”

“Alone? Wait, werewolves are normally at least level 15… and with the Corrupted title… its strength should be somewhere between level 20 and 25. You’re saying a level 15 player killed that alone?”

“Yes, sir. Also, he’s a necromancer, but he fights on the front lines.”

“Show me that video.”

And at this moment, another treasure had been discovered.

★★★

An Jaehyun was currently looking at his tablet PC with a blank expression. The tablet PC was playing a video of his game character, Hyrkan, killing a werewolf.

It was undoubtedly an amazing video. The scene of the video’s lead narrowly dodging the Corrupted Werewolves attacks while being followed up by Skeleton Warrior counterattacks was truly a sight to behold. It was unique even amongst the countless number of Warlord videos online.

But An Jaehyun’s eyes didn’t meet the video at the moment.

‘What’s up with the view count? Didn’t I upload this yesterday?’

The numbers placed under the video.

‘It’s already over six thousand.’

6,211.