-32-

Felicity

"What the hell are you doing up there?" Asher's angry voice startled me.

I flinched and turned around to look at him, making the stool quiver under my weight. He quickly came to my side and grabbed it still and my hands straight went to his shoulders for support, to hold myself from falling.

When I was sure I was safe from falling, I blinked at him to focus my vision and suddenly my body froze. Eyes wide, a small gasp escaped my mouth on noticing our position. I was practically towering over him. My chest was literally in front of his face. One wrong move and he'll see everything underneath my shirt.

'Oh lord!'

Blood rushed to my face and I immediately tried to straighten up but, all of a sudden, he grabbed my waist with both of his hands and picked me up from the ladder stool and placed me on the ground like a doll.

'Am I underweight or something?'

As my shoes touches the ground, he started scolding the tour guy for letting me get up on the ladder. I failed to hear anything since my mind was still processing what happened in past few seconds. So I just stood there like a statue and blinked at him.

"What were you doing? I told you not to leave my side" he turned towards me and grabbed my arm firmly but not tight enough to hurt me.

"I was fixing the painting. It was about to fall" I hurriedly pointed at the painting. "And I was sharing some ideas on how to use this area"

He frowned in confusion.

"S-Sir she ha-" the tour guy didn't get to finish his sentence.

"Did I ask you?" Asher's deadly glare almost stopped his breathing. He gulped and took a step back in fear.

Noticing the tension in the air, I quickly started proposing my idea on opening the antique shop. Thankfully I was able to divert his attention from the man. I didn't wanted him to suffer from my boss's wrath when the mistake was done by me.

"....it will be a great tourist attraction. So if you like it.." I trailed off my sentence fearing he'll laugh, or even worse - shout, at me.

"I approve the idea. But it should meet the standards of the hotel" he monotonously said turning towards the guy. I noticed he was still glowering at the man.

Just then the other man entered and Asher ordered some commands again in the language which I was unable to point out. The man seemed impressed by the idea and gave me a light smile which I reciprocate. The idea was finalized, I assume, because soon we were sitting in his car.

I was confused and somewhat scared, thinking he might not have liked my idea. I carefully looked at his face but it was void of any expression, as always.

"You didn't liked my idea, Mr Knight?" I softly asked.

"It's good. Good and innovative. We can try it" his short reply came.

"But you're not looki-" I was interrupted by his phone ringing.

Looking down at the caller ID, he became tense all of a sudden. He received his call but I could tell he was not happy with the information given by the person on the other side.

"Turn to Nora's" he ordered the driver as soon as the call ended.

My brain immediately went to the schedule for the day and I quickly said, "But sir, you have a meeting in an hour"

"It's lunch time Felicity" he looked amused at my hyper behaviour. I looked down at my wristwatch and indeed, it was lunch time.

"Oh" a blush covered my cheeks.