-12-

Felicity

I was fuming. I was breathing heavily as angry tears run down my cheeks. My hands were sweating while I bounce my left foot anxiously.

"You okay Miss?" The cab driver asked, noticing my disturb state.

"Y-yeah. Just work stess" I said while wiping my tears and tried my best to smile.

Currently I was on my way to my father's house. Maybe this was the first I was going to his house other than Saturdays for the dinner.

'why did he did this? What the hell was he thinking? Does he hate me that very much? How could he allow this to happen? He's my father, for the love of God!'

My head was hurting due to overthinking.

When the car stopped in front of his house, I hurriedly payed the driver and without caring about the change, I stormed inside.

Entering the living room I saw him, with his usual glass of whiskey in one hand, sitting on the sofa with Rachel.

"What the hell did you do?" I shouted.

Rachel seemed shocked because this was the first time I shouted that loud. Even though I make sarcastic comments, I keep my anger on check and never raise my voice. But today, they crossed the limit.

"Keep you voice do-"

"I'm not talking to you Rachel" I angrily hissed. I again turned to my father and said, "You think this is a joke? You think I am a joke? You gave me away as a fucking collateral to that man. And I'm sure as hell you too know how dangerous he is"

First he looked surprised when I mentioned how dangerous Asher was. Probably thinking how do I know about his dark side.

"I didn't gave you away Felicity. He choosed you" my father finally opened his mouth.

"You could have stopped him. You're my father for god sake" I shouted, again, as tears streamed down my face.

"And you are my daughter. So be a dutiful daughter and do the fucking thing" he angrily glared at me.

"That is the only thing I've done ever since moving here. I always did my best to be your good obedient daughter a-and never complaint about anything" my voice shook as new sets of tears come tumbling down my cheeks, "but what did you ever did? Treat me like a servent? Gave me away to a man li-like a thing? I am not a thing father, I am your daughter. Maybe I was a mistake but you made that mistake. I didn't. And I clearly donot deserve to be treated like dirt"

My whole speech did nothing but anger my father even more. He smashed the whiskey glass on floor and angrily stride towards me.

He grabbed my arm forcefully and violently dragged me to his office before I could protest.

Reaching inside, he closed the doors and said in low voice, "I helped you and your mother. I saved both of your lives from misery and poverty. Now it's your time to pay me back"

He gradually increase the tightness of his grip and I could see my future self inspecting the black blue bruise. But I didn't showed the pain on my face. I can't give him that satisfaction.

"Don't forget what I did for you, young lady. It is for only me that you're living this life"

"You never let me forget father" I said in a monotone and jerk out my arm from his iron grip.

I was about to walk away when he said, "We're not done Felicity"

I looked back at him with angry glassy eyes and watched him as he went to his desk and took out a set of papers. I frown as he handed them to me.