-9-

Felicity

Hangovers are the worst. They are painfully annoying.

As soon as I woke up, a solid hangover strike me. I groaned and fall back on my pillow. Suddenly a familiar feeling to throw up generated inside my tummy and I ran towards the bathroom. After brushing my mouth and a warm bath, I walked towards the kitchen.

I checked the drawers and found the painkillers, gulping it down with water.

I sat down on the chair and checked my phone. I found few messages from Sasha, Elijah and mom. Mom's message was mainly her asking about the party and how I'm handling my hangover.

Suddenly all memories from last night came crashing down. I felt a thump on my heart, remembering him, Asher Knight.

Again I started to feel the uneasy feeling in pit of my gut. I exhaled, trying to calm myself.

I decided to fix myself a quick breakfast. As I opened my fridge, I took a quick mental note to visit the grocery store today itself. I made myself a sandwich and some fresh orange juice.

Taking the first bite, I decided to call mom. We talked while I finished my sandwich and juice and I mostly lied about the event, saying it went perfectly fine. I never told anyone about that night, so it was necessary to hide my freak out from yesterday's night.

After saying bye, I replied to other messages and decided to clean my whole apartment to keep my mind busy. Tying my hair up with a bandana, I turned on the speaker and started my mission while singing and dancing through the songs.

It's a good self therapy when one's minds is stressed out to another level. Music and food always finds it's way to calm me.

I danced through 'Sunflower' by Post Malone and Swae Lee, discovering few dance steps while cleaning my hall room. It is one of my favorite song and always helps me with my mood.

After doing whole house chores, I walked to the grocery store as it wasn't too far and brought everything needed. Then I had my lunch outside. For dessert, I brought myself a ice cream cone and walked back to home while enjoying it and humming some random tune.

While walking back to my apartment I noticed a familiar black SUV standing on the street, right opposite to my apartment. I frowned my eyes and scrunch my nose, trying to remember where have I seen it before.

Suddenly the backseat window rolled down and I saw my worst, yet dangerously handsome, nightmare sitting inside looking directly at me. Asher Knight was there. It was his car and he was looking at me.

I completely stopped walking and tighten my hold on my shopping bags. My ice cream fell out of my hand and for the first time, I didn't mind it.

He suddenly lift his hand up and wore his sunglass, as if preparing to come out.

And I took it as my cue to run.

I ran straight to my apartment building and thanked god when I saw the lift already waiting at the ground floor. I entered it and hurriedly pressed my floor number. I was panicking and my hands were shaky and sweaty. My heart was thumping loudly enough for anyone near me to hear.

Once the elevator door was closed, I literally sat down on the floor, exhaling a loud breath. I closed my eyes and tried to control my breathing.

I entered my room and straight went to the bathroom, after locking the door and dropping the grocery bags in table. I strip out of my sweaty clothes and hopped inside the shower.

After a long shower, I dressed myself in PJ and decided to place the grocery in the kitchen and take a nap later on.

After waking up from my nap, I worked on some articles and ordered a pizza for dinner. Through out my work, my mind keep drifting off to the black SUV and the specific person inside it.

'Why was he even here? Why was he looking at me like that? Will he hurt me too? Oh god, I don't wanna die'

My thoughts were disturbed by the door bell ringing. I was startled for a moment but then remembered my dinner for tonight.

I sighed and walk up to the door and welcomed my pizza with a warm smile. I thanked the delivery guy after I paid him and was just about to close, when he wink and cheekily smiled at me. I raised my eyebrows in shock because he was still a teenage boy, probably 16 or 17

'Can't he see I'm way too old for him?'

"You want something?" I questioned.
"May I get your number?" He smirked.
"Why? Need a babysitter?" I asked innocently.

Hearing my comment his face became tomato red. His eyes almost bulge out and I tried my best not to laugh at his face.

He, without saying anything else, turned and ran away from there. I stood there for some time and watched him disappearing. Shaking my head I laughed.

'Hormonal teenagers!'

Closing the door, I decided to complete my work later on and switched on the TV.

'Welcome the movie night!!'

I ended up watching 'John Wick'. I seriously love this movie even though it's a action movie.

After the movie ended, I placed the remaining slices of pizza inside the fridge and returned to my bed. Walking inside I noticed my pending work and sighed before resuming.

It was nearly 12 when I finally finished my whole work. So I hurriedly collected everything and placed it inside my bag, before returning to my bed and drifting off.