-20-

Felicity

I woke up late, mainly because it was sunday and also because of all the tiredness throughout this week. It felt like all weariness came rushing to my system and knocked me out completely.

When I woke up it was nearly 11 in morning. Still I was feeling super sleepy. I groggily got up and quickly freshen up myself. After dressing in a baggy sweater, I decided to fix myself something to eat.

While eating my sandwich, I called my mom like every Sundays. I just wanted to finish everything quickly and return to my bed as soon as possible. We talked about different stuffs and luckily she didn't brought up any topic related to father. I was so not in the mood of dealing with that shit.

"Bye honey. I've to visit the store now"

"Bye mom. Take care. Love you" I sighed.

"Love you too. Just don't take much stress okay? Bye" She worriedly said before hanging up.

Placing my phone down on the table, I picked up my empty plate and went towards the kitchen sink. As I was washing the plate, I heard my phone ringing again.

'Who's calling now?'
I frowned as my mind took a quick scan of different people.
'Sasha was out of town, Elijah is busy, father never calls me, I have talked to my mother too. Then who was it?'

I quickly dried my hands and rushed to my ringing phone. The name shocked me to the core. I never thought he would call me in a Sunday morning.

Mr Knight.

"Hello?" I answered
"What took you so long?" He demanded.
"I was busy in the kitchen"

"Come to my house in 30 minutes" saying only this he hung up.

I eyed my phone with my mouth open and a deep frown. I only wanted to ask one word: 'why?'. So I re-dialed his number again.

"What?" Irritation was clear in his tone.
"Why?" I threw my one word. I heard him sighing before answering.

"You have work to do and we have meetings to attain"

I gasped when I heard the word 'work'.
"But it's Sunday"

"So?" He asked in a bored tone as if he has no idea what 'Sunday' means.

"So, it's holiday. Today is a holiday" I reasoned.

"You're wasting your time, Miller. In my house. Now" and he hung up on me, again.

I clenched around my phone and lightly screamed in frustration. Taking few deep breaths, I calmed myself and rushed to my closet.

I dressed casually in jeans, a black top and a cozy cardigan to keep me warm.

 I put my frizzy hair into a messy bun using a headscarf

I put my frizzy hair into a messy bun using a headscarf. I kept my face free from makeup and only went for some moisturizer and coloured chapstick.