-21-

Felicity

I rubbed my shoulder and groaned mentally. I checked the number of files remaining by rolling down the screen and gasp when I found there were many.

Though the sofa was very comfortable and warm to sit, my shoulder blades were starting to ache due to working on the laptop. And with bonus, I was already very tired from the morning.

"Any problem?" Asher asked from his desk.

At first I was about to say 'no' but then I decided to say, "There are still many files to recheck. Editing each file is taking so much time and I still have to rearrange them. I think this will not complete today. Can I finish it at home? I'll make sure to submit it to you tomorrow"

He didn't said anything for few minutes and I mentally prayed for him to spare me. He leaned back on his chair as if considering my idea.

"Fine. But I want it on my table before 3 tomorrow" he stated sternly.

I sighed and closed the laptop. When I was about to get up, he stopped me.

"We have video conference with Johnson siblings in few minutes. Prepare the file for it" saying this he took out a blue thick file and placed it in front of me.

My short term happiness went out of the window and I stare at the file in annoyance. I scolded myself for thinking that I was free now. Like no. Never. I'm never free from work in this man's company. I glared at him with narrowed eyes when he was not looking and took the file.

Thankfully there were already xerox copies present inside, so I marked important terms and conditions from Johnson's and our side.

As I scanned the papers, I noticed Asher standing up. He took few sips of water before picking up his suit jacket, which was placed neatly on his chair. He straighten his folded sleeves and wore the jacket. As he ran his fingers through his hair, I realise that I was staring at him shamelessly. Though he gave no reaction, I knew he was smirking lightly.

I snapped out of my thoughts when his phone rang. He frowned at the screen for few minutes before receiving it. And I took it as my cue to return to the papers.

When my work was done, I saw him standing at the far corner engrossed in a very serious discussion. So I quietly got up and walked towards his table and placed the file. As I glance at him, I frowned at his tense shoulders and wondered how many hours he spent in here working.

He's always working. Non-stop, tirelessly. There are many occasions when I question myself how is he even able to work so much. He's not a freaking robot. I often wonder if he has a girlfriend or not. If he has a love life away from this stress.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't noticed him walking to me. I stared blankly at the place where he was previously standing and flinched when he cleared his throat to gain my attention.

I looked at him in shock and quickly apologize before returning to the sofa. I took out my notepad when he sat down and soon the video conference start.

Fortunately as it was an online meeting, my presence to the screen was not needed. Asher carried on the meeting with some serious points and I quickly note them.

He sat patiently in his chair, absorbed by the meeting, so I took that moment to ease myself. Out of habit, I slipped off my pumps and stretched my legs. Fixing the sofa cushions behind me according to my need, I sighed as my stiff back got relaxed a bit.
I rubbed my neck and leaned back on the sofa.

I continued taking notes but as soon as I spent some time in my new position, I started to regret relaxing myself so much because now I was feeling sleepy.