-7-

Felicity

It was Saturday; finally the event night. I woke up from my afternoon nap and went straight to the bathroom. I shaved all the necessary body parts and enjoyed one amazing bubble bath. I rubbed some body oil and dried my hair.

After wearing the dress, I thanked god when it fitted my body perfectly. I didn't controlled my eating since I brought the dress so I was little worried about the fitting. But it's perfectly fine.

I was doing my make up when my phone beeped indicating a message

I was doing my make up when my phone beeped indicating a message. I looked at it and it was from Elijah.

'I'll be there in few minutes.
- E'

I dropped the phone on the bed and resumed doing my makeup. I kept it simple but classy to match with my gown. I was almost done with my hair, when the door bell rang.

"Coming" I shouted and fixed my hair. I let my hairs stay open in their natural curls.

I went to the door, bare footed and opened it. I know it's not a good impression in front of my date, but it's Elijah and I know he won't mind.

There he was, dressed in black suit, holding a bouquet of roses. I saw him smiling and I also returned his smile.

"You're looking gorgeous. Here, these are for you" he said while handing me the bouquet.

"Thank you, you too are looking outstanding and they are lovely. Let me place them inside a vase and I have to wear my heels too, so please wait few minutes more" I said sheepishly.
"No problem. Take as much time as you need" he said chuckling.

I almost ran inside and place the flowers carefully inside a vase. Then I went to my bedroom and put my heels on. I grabbed my clutch and dropped necessary things inside it.

I looked at myself for the last time in the mirror and walked out towards Elijah.

"Ready gorgeous?" He smiled.
I looked back at my house and double checked the lock, before turning towards him.
"Yes. Let's go" I nod my head and placed my hand in his.

I was walking damn carefully because I don't want to fall, not today at least.
I heard Elijah laughing from my side.

"You won't fall today, Felicity" he said while laughing slightly.
"Oh please, you're not the clumsy one" I sighed, scrunching my nose in annoyance, making him laugh only harder.

Finally we reached his car and we drove off to the event. I messaged Sasha asking her where she was and found out she's already there.

On reaching the main event, I was shocked to see paparazzi outside.

"I thought Mr Knight doesn't like media that much" Elijah said under his breath.

"Maybe he doesn't. But my father is a media man" I sighed, "I wasn't prepared for this"

"Neither was I. Don't worry, just relax and walk through them"

He walked out from his side and opened my door. I placed my hand over him and carefully came out.

Taking a deep breath, I started walking with him while the camera men were clicking several photos. For the outside world, I'm the daughter whom Matt Miller adopted out of pity. The story was made up by him to show everyone his generous and merciful side. Oh boy, they don't know how wrong they are.

Fortunately, media never payed much attention to me except for the early years, when I first moved here. For them, Lucy was enough. She was the perfect Barbie figured daughter, with various beauty pageants tittles in her name.

Soon after few poses, we walked towards the entrance. On entering the main event hall, I was shocked to see it's beauty. It was the definition of elegance. Whole room was decorated with golden and white, with few exotic flowers. Not a single mistake was detectable. Everything was perfect and shiny. The chandelier above our head was the biggest I've ever seen. Just opposite to the bar, there was a small stage. At it's background, company's name was digitally showing.

'The decor must have cost a fortune'

What more added to the elegance were the people present inside. Everyone was dressed in there top outfits, all classy and beautiful.

"Damn. That man knows how to impress everyone" he whispered.
"I'm afraid so" I mumbled back.

"Hey Liss" I heard someone calling me and immediately I turned, my eyes searching for Sasha.

She was looking absolutely sexy. Her makeup was heavily done, like always, with smokey eyes and bright red lip color.

"You're looking damn sexy" I complemented while hugging her

"You're looking damn sexy" I complemented while hugging her. She laughed and hugged me back.
"Not as sexy as you" she smiled, "hey Elijah, you're not looking bad yourself" saying these she winked at me and hugged him as well.

Soon Sasha's date and many more from our company joined us and we all got busy in talking.

I was drinking champagne near the bar while talking to Sasha when we heard my Father cheerfully welcoming everyone to the party, from top of the small stage present right opposite to us. I just rolled my eyes and listen to it half heartily. Honestly, it was quite boring.

Sasha saw my annoyance and sadly smiled at me. She turned towards the bar and ordered another drink for me.

"Now, I would like to invite Mr Asher Knight to the stage, to enlighten us about the main purpose behind this event"

I turned towards the bar, to take my drink, as people started clapping. I literally needed more drink to kill my boredom.

"Evening to everyone present here" a familiar voice echoed through the Mic. I froze. The voice was recognisable; it also brought back some memories. Some horrible memories.

'No no no. It can't be. Please god! No'

Cautiously, I turned around, towards the stage. My champagne glass was about to fall from my hand but I, somehow, hold on to it.

And I literally stopped breathing. He's Asher Knight. He is Asher Knight??

'Damn my luck!'