-19-

Felicity

"Oh my goodness!" I gasped loudly, covering my mouth with my hand. How did I forget it?

"You forget it, didn't you?" he sighed in annoyance.

'No shit Sherlock' my inner self scoffed at him.

"I'm so sorry Mr Knight. I don't know how I forgot that. Ma-"

"Get on the stage" he demanded.

"What?"

"Go up there and welcome everyone to this party. Address everyone and share the basic ideas about this new hotel. Lastly, call me to acknowledge everyone. That's it. Now go"

I looked up at him with pure shock.
First reason for my shock was that he actually elaborated the whole thing; not just few words, but a whole explanation.
Secondly, how the fuck did he even think that I would go up there?

"Noooohh. I.. I can't" I shook my head.

He dangerously narrowed his eyes and took a step forward. My eyes widen up.

"I wasn't asking. It was an order"

"But sir-"

"Go. Now" and he walked away.

I stare at his back in consternation. He must be thinking why am I overreacting. And he is right. I have no reason to be scared. My vocabulary is good, I'm good with words, I can prepare a speech in few minutes.
But the thing is I'm not comfortable in being the center of attention. I hate it. I seriously don't like the spot light on me.

"Oh god" I whined and ran my hand through my hair.

I know I've no other choice. I've to do it. Plus I can't ask someone else to help me because I don't know most of my new colleagues. I rarely talk to anyone while at work.

I took out my iPad and checked the files with the hotel details. I brought the iPad in case of some emergency. I Guess I was right.
I quickly made some points with all important information, all thanks to my editing skills.

After few minutes, I was ready with my speech. Taking a deep breath, I prepared myself. I took the mic and step on the stage. As soon as I stepped up, the spot light fell on me grabbing everyone's attention.

'Let's do it Felicity'

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I, Felicity Miller, am pleasured to welcome you all to this auspicious evening" and with a smile sweet as sugar, I started my welcome speech.

•••

Everyone clapped as Asher finished his speech. I took the mic and thanked him before finally ending the whole drama.

"Thank you again to everyone for being here tonight to celebrate the opening of Hotel Palacio. Please enjoy your evening" ending my speech I smiled brightly as everyone clapped again.

As everyone busied themselves again, I straight went to the bar area and sat down on the stool. My legs and hands were shaking in nervousness. I immediately took a glass of champagne. I exhaled heavily as I sipped on the cool sweet liquid.

I looked around and saw everyone laughing and talking with their friends and families. My eyes went to Asher and I saw him surrounded by a group of people. His back was towards me but I could tell he was laughing. His shoulders shook as he wrapped his arm around a lady's shoulder who was standing by his side.