-18-

Felicity

I was on my way to Asher's house with his clean and tidy suit. I keep glancing at my wristwatch, waiting anxiously.

Just before picking his suit up from the dryers, I got dressed in a black short dress. At first I was worried about how to dress myself. The confusion goes like, I know it is a big event and many gaudy people are going to come  but I'm Asher's assistant now, not some invited guest.
So how should I get dress. Should I keep it simple or fancy? Sexy and classy or formal and hot?

'Is it only me or most of the girls get confuse when it comes to outfit choice?
Damn, we complicate it more than it should be'

So at last, I went for formal look with a fancy touch. I straighten my hair and let it fall over my shoulder. With a elegant touch of make up and few accessories, I finished my look.

Asher's house came to my sight as my wristwatch said 4:45. I sighed remembering his words. He told me to drop his suit before 5. He didn't mentioned the exact time. So I was kinda safe.

I rolled my eyes when the guards asked for my ID, again. Like seriously? I came here few hours ago. And I'm not planning to kill that man.

After the security check I went inside without waiting for a maid to escort me. I followed the way which I remembered from the morning and reached his bedroom.

I knocked at the door and waited for a reply but got none. I tried again but heard nothing.

'Maybe he's not in his room. Maybe I should have asked someone for help'

I grabbed the door knob, conflicted with myself whether I should go inside or not. Finally after a long argument with myself, I gathered some courage. I took a deep breath and was about to open the door when it got opened from the other side.

"Eek!" A sound of surprise escaped from me as the door opened and nearly pulled me inside with it. I reached out to get hold on the nearest object to steady myself. I frowned when my hands touched a wet muscular surface. So I immediately looked up and you may guess who was it.

I gasped loudly when I saw Asher fucking Knight standing in front of me with nothing on but a towel, holding a freaking gun.

My left hand was holding the suit up whereas my right hand was still gripping his arm for support. My pushed myself away when he cursed under his breath.

"What the hell were you doing outside my door for last 10 mins?" his tone harsh as he frowned.

"I... I was here to give you the suit. I did knock but you didn't answer. So I thought maybe I could go inside. But I didn't wanted to be rude and was thinking whether I should enter your room or not. I thought about calling someone but I didn't saw anyone on my way. So I thought I should go inside and then this happened" his eyes showed how amused he was, so I decided to end my stupid explanation, "And now I should stop rambling".

I inhaled heavily and keep moving my eyes from his face to the gun on his hand. My heart was beating rapidly and I was well aware of the worry written on my face.

Lowering the gun, he pinched his nose bridge and lightly shook his head making few water droplets fall from his wet hair. And at that moment I realised how exposed he was. I ran my eyes through his whole body quickly and again took a deep breath to compose myself.

His chest and shoulders were broad and amazingly muscular. The tattoos I noticed this morning were like icing on the cake. They made his look a thousand time more hotter. The towel was wrapped lower around his waist, giving a perfect view of his amazing abs and v-line.

"Wait in the living room. I'll come in few minutes" he said.
"Okay" I squeak while blood rushed to my face. I thanked God mentally for not being caught staring.

I turned and was about to leave when he called my name. Not Miller but my actual name.

"Felicity" he called me out and I froze. Will it be wrong if I say I loved it when he said my name?

"Yes?" I turned and looked at him.

"My suit" he nodded towards my left hand.

"Oh. I'm sorry" handing him his belonging, I walked back to the living room.

I straight went to the sofa and sat down. I looked at the ceiling as I recall everything happened few minutes ago. I don't know if I should be drooling over his absolutely sexy physique or worry about how he was minutes away from shooting me with his stupid gun.

Shortly, one maid came to ask if I want some snacks. I was kinda feeling thirsty after the whole incident, so I thanked her and ask for a glass of juice. I was nearly finished drinking when I heard footsteps descending the staircase.

Handing my empty glass to the maid, I turned around. Asher was looking amazing with the black tux and perfectly gelled hair. He walked towards me while fixing his cuffs and I questioned myself why simple acts like 'fixing the cuff' look so hot on someone like him?

"Let's go" he nodded towards me once and walked away. I rolled my eyes as I remembered he may be dead drop gorgeous but he's still an arrogant jerk.

Reaching the venue, I straight went to the catering service and checked the food items. Everything was ready and guests were also beginning to come. The empty hall was soon filled by different kinds of people; some over confident, some simply elegant.

While I was busy with small details here and there, Asher mingled around his guests. I frowned thinking how this man can trust me so much? I'm just a clumsy mess. And he, the model of perfection, is depending on me. A ball of anxiety formed inside my heart and I double checked everything once again.

"Felicity" I lightly groaned when I heard my father calling me from behind. Pinching my eyes, I sighed before turning around.

"Father" I greeted him formally. This disgusting man doesn't deserve my warm greetings. I look past him and saw Rachel talking with some other women. When she saw me looking at her, she look at me from top to bottom and dismissively looked away.

I rolled my eyes at her judgemental thoughts before returning my gaze to the man in front of me.

"You missed the family dinners these past weeks" he said without any emotion in his tone.

"I was busy with my new job. All thanks to you, father" I flashed him my fake smile.

"Looking good Felicity" my stepsister, Lucy, joined us. She smiled at me while linking her arm with her dad.

"You too" maintaining my fake smile, I complimented her. As I said earlier, Lucy is bearable than her mother. Her behaviour depends on her mood.

'Looks like she's in a good mood'
Doesn't matter though. I still don't like her.

"Mr Knight" suddenly my father greeted with over enthusiasm as I felt someone standing beside me. I moved my eyes and saw Asher looking straight at my father's eyes.

"Feel free to enjoy the party. I have something to discuss with my assistant" saying this, he dispersed them and signal me to follow him.

I was able to look at Lucy's expression. She was totally awed by him. Her eyes ran all over his body shamelessly while Asher didn't spared her a glance once.

I bite my lips to stop the smirk and followed Asher. When he turned around to look at me, my amusement was washed away because his face was super serious.

"Why there is a stage when there is no anchor?" He raised his eyebrow.

And then only, I remembered the exact thing I was forgetting since yesterday.
I never hired someone to anchor the show. There is no host to address the guests.

'oh shoot!'