Chapter 41

The whistling noise of the harsh wind from outside makes me dread the moment I'll need to step a foot outside. The conversation we're having though is making me feel the same.

"Can we not talk about Axel anymore, " I groan letting my headrest on the window.

"Okay, okay we can talk about something else now, " Maya raises her hands surrending the subject. 

"How was last night?" Nadia smirks while twirling her straw in her drink.

"It was good! He took us to the beach and we stayed there for a couple of hours drinking and eating chocolate cover strawberries before going back home cause it was starting to get too cold." Nadia's smirks widen even more while Maya has a frown on her face.

"And..." Nadia motion with her hand for me to continue making me chuckle.

"And...we had sex and then feel asleep," I say casually biting my lip feeling a bit awkward.

"Are you sure that was a good choice?" Maya says annoying me for some reason.

"Maya I wanted to fuck him and I did, " I say huffing.

"Okay jeesh! Why are you so uptight today?" She deepens her frown.

"I'm just tired and confuse and I don't want to talk about it."

I turn my eyes back on the window watching as people run around trying to control their hair that is flying all over their faces.

"We're just trying to help you, Mia, " Maya whispers looking down at her bracelet.

"If he doesn't make you feel like the luckiest girl in the world then maybe you should give Axel a chance."

Now, this statement didn't shock me but who said it certainly did. I turn to face the person whose voice said that, Nadia.

"Don't look at me like that! I know that I haven't always been keen on Axel and your friendship but I've changed my mind." Her words shock not only me but Maya as well.

"What made you change your mind?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows trying to comprehend what she's saying to us.

"I realize that what you were both telling me was right. I was too bitchy and quick to judge someone who in reality I know nothing about. I also got to see even from a distance how you two were acting together and I think that you're happier when you're with him, " her eyes don't look away from mine while she speaks.

I and Maya look at each other baffled at what we're hearing. It feels unreal.

"Did something happen? What made you realize this because we had that talk with you a while ago, so it couldn't be that," Maya asks her.

Nadia looks away for a few seconds it looks like she's debating whether to tell us what had happened or not.

"It's just that now I understand how awful it is to judge someone based on what other people are saying about them, " she let's our a deep sight and looks at us before continuing.

"I was at a party a few days ago and I was going to approach a table with some guys one of them I went on a date with and another guy I had slept with and they didn't see me. I hear someone else ask them about me because they thought that I'm hot and ask if I'm good, " she chuckles shaking her head and adjusting her posture.

"The guy I had a one night stand with said that I'm average nothing special and the guy I went on one date just on one date before said that I was too needy and clingy and desperate for a relationship so I'm not worth it in his opinion and they all just laugh about me, " her eyes start to get watery but she doesn't let them fall.

"Then I thought how Axel has been going through this constant judgement by people that barely know him that just catch him at a bad time. A moment of weakness and how he must have felt. I mean one guy judge me based on one date I had with him and the other based of one drunken fuck we had. I'm clad is not on that bad scale as Axels is but it still hurts, " Maya wraps her arm around her shoulder as give her an encouraging squeeze.

"So, I'm sorry for being so judgemental and jumping to conclusions without giving that person a chance to show who he really is. I'm actually glad that you didn't listen to me when I was saying to you to stay away from him, " she grabs my hand from across the table and a squeeze it back smiling at her.

"You don't have to apologize to us Nadia. The good thing is that you learn from your mistakes and screw what those guys said cause clearly, they don't know you. Plus who are they to judge if you're worth someone's time?" She smiles at us.

"Thank you guys, I love you! I don't know what I'll be doing without you. I think I would've gone insane, " We all laugh at how true that probably was.

"On another note know, I'm telling you I think you should give Axel a chance. He's clearly trying very hard in his own way to win you over, " Nadia says.

"You liked Carter and me together so much! Why aren't you suddenly so supportive of us? I'm just curious, " I say to her.

"Like I told you before I realise how much happier you've been ever since Axel and you started to hang out more. Sometimes I saw you two sitting in the park laughing and smiling so much it shocked me cause I don't ever remember you laughing so loud and smiling so hard before with Carter. I know you say you love him and you do sure but not in the way you used to. I think you love him as friends now and you need to realise that before it's too late. Axel isn't going to keep fighting and waiting until you realise that he could be your future, " Maya nods along to everything Nadia is saying totally agreeing with her.

I look away from them and towards the window.

"It's not easy. I don't want to hurt any of them, " I whisper.

"We know that but in the end, you'll have to, " Maya says.

This sucks!

A/N

Hey, guys, I hope you're all doing okay!

New chapter coming out tomorrow!

What do you think of Nadia's change of heart?

Feel free to comment & vote! ❤️

I hope you have a nice day/night! Xx

All the love - M ❤️

AxelOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara