Chapter 18

MIA'S P.O.V

I press my lips together trying to see if the red lipstick I put was sticky but it feels actually really smooth. I apply mascara and take a step back eyeing my reflection. I look good!

It's been a week since I went home shopping with Axel. We hang out twice after that, one for coffee and one for lunch after our lectures. It's Saturday today and I'm going to go with Carter to his friend's party in 5 minutes.

I put on my black thigh-high boots and wrap a belt around my mini black one-shoulder dress. Grabbing my coat and bag I go to the living room where Carter is waiting for me.

"Finally!" He says playfully with a smirk.

"Oh, shut it, I didn't even take that long this time!" I say pecking him on the lips.

Thank God this lipstick is kiss-proof!

"Whatever you say, pretty girl, " he says and leans down to give me another kiss.

"Let's go, pretty boy, we don't want to be late, do we?" I giggle and grab his hand in mine.

"That we don't, " he chuckles and opens the door for me.

"Thank you, " I say rolling my eyes at the cliche move.

Once we arrive at his friend's place it was packed. Carter and I went to the kitchen first, getting some drinks before going to the living room and sitting on a sofa. I'm surprised to see Axel already sitting to the one across us with Aiden on his side and two other boys.

I smile and wave at Aiden as his eyes widen once he sees me. He hits Axel on the arm and I can hear Axel yelling at him.

"What the hell man!" Aiden points at me and Axel's eyes meet mine.

My breath was knock out of me for a second, I don't know why.

"I'll just go say a quick hi to my friend and I'll be back alright babe?" Carter's breath hits my ear as he speaks before kissing my neck.

I turn and smile at him nodding my head. I watch as he goes and hugs his friend before turning my gaze back to Axel and his friends. I stand up to go say hi to him feeling like it's the polite thing to do. I sit at the arm of the sofa next to him.

"Hi!" I say.

"Hi! I didn't know you'll be here, " he says whilst eying up my outfit.

"Me neither, " I gesture towards him with my drink.

"You look amazing by the way, " he says softly while staring me in the eyes.

"Oh, thank you!" I wasn't expecting the compliment.

I feel warmth gathering at my cheeks.

"You remember Aiden right?" He says motioning towards the tall tan boy next to him.

"Yes, of course! Hi, how are you?" I say.

"I'm good, you?" Aiden says nodding at me.

"Good, " I say smiling before someone clears their throat.

I turn my gaze to the two other boys sitting there, their eyes already on me.

"Oh, this is Luca and Matt, two other friends of mine, " Axel says pointing at each one of them.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you! I'm Mia." I give them a small wave.

"It's nice to finally meet you too! We heard things about you, " Luca says smirking at Axel.

"Hopefully only good things, " I say chuckling.

"Well, " he starts to say but I knew that tone.