Trials For A Life

Dark Pit's P.O.V.

"Lady Irene, the goddess of life."

"The goddess of life? You're kidding right? That's just some old legend!" I shouted with disbelief.

"Do I look like some old legend?" She asked with sass. Wow, for a goddess, she seems pretty less...fancy.

"Anyway, do you know why I'm here?" She asked me another question.

"No."

"Well, I choose souls from the Underworld who I think is worthy for a second life. More like reincarnation, revival? I don't know, but do you get my drift?" She explained.

"Wait, you can bring me back?" I asked.

"That's what I just said! I saw your partner in life all sad and depressed. She's even talking to your own dead body. Celebrating your birthday, your anniversary, her birthday. She thinks your still there, but she knows you aren't, it's sad..." Her voice trailed of at the end.

I couldn't believe my ears. She does all that? My birthday, our anniversary, and her birthday, she celebrates all that with my dead body? She knows that its impossible for me to come back...but she never let go...

"Wait...how long was I out?" I asked with a worried tone.

"I'm not allowed to speak about that, so I won't." She said. "Anyway, you wanna come back there, right?"

"Yeah, I do." I answered with determination.

"Then put your head in the game! Stop acting all sappy and let's start the trials!" She snapped. Woah, moody...

"Trials? As in the plural of trial? As in a lot?" I asked. Oh, boy this is going to get tiring.

"Basically just three trials, but don't expect it to be as easy as Dintous's trials." She said with sass. "Alright, let's begin!"

"The first trial will be facing your own fears" She explained. "Are you up for it?"

"Easy, let's do it!"

She snapped her fingers and disappeared. Then, I got teleported into the ruins. I'm not scared of the dark nor scared of ghosts. I just wandered around, figuring out what my fear would be.

Then I heard a scream. It sounded like it came from a female. I ran towards the scream and saw...(Y/N) lying down on the ground. She's badly injured and blood was stained on her beautiful white wings.

"(Y/N)!!"

I ran towards her and crouched down to her level. I placed her head on my shoulder and hugged her.

"What...what happened?"

I gently shake her body back and forth. Small tears formed in my eyes. Then I hugged her tightly.

"Its all your fault..."

I turned towards the voice and saw (Y/N). Huh, I thought... Then I looked down into the other (Y/N), she's no longer in my arms.

"You...you left me...all alone..." The (Y/N) looked at me. Her (E/C) eyes had no more life. It was...scary..

"Its all your fault." Another (Y/N) crept on my back. But the one that was in front of me was gone.

"Why is it my fault? I can't schedule my death, can I?" I talked back. I knew they weren't real. None of this were real. This is just a trial, stay calm.