50

Charlie carries Bella up the stairs as Bambi heads to the kitchen where she sets the kettle onto the stove and moves to the cupboard under the sink where she grabs a hot water bottle.

.....................

Charlie lays Bella down in her bed and wraps her in blankets...he stands and moves to leave the room, glancing back at her as she curls up. Bambi gently pushes past him with the hot water bottle, she moves straight to the bed and tucks the bottle under the blankets.

"It's alright" Bambi tells Bella. Charlie watches them softly before walking away, Bambi has her sister from here.

..............

Bambi sits on Bella's bed watching her sleep, a tear slides down her cheek and she strokes Bella's hair before standing and leaving the room, closing the door behind her, she takes a breath and heads towards her own bedroom.

................

Bambi brushes her hair back and closes her eyes sat on the edge of her bed.

"It was that bad?" Edward asks.

"She was curled up in the woods...in the dark.....it was freezing, Edward" she answers and pushes a hand into her eye and sighs. "This....when you said Connor was breaking up with her...this is not what I pictured. Why did he take her into the woods?" she asks.

"I don't know" Edward answers.

"He's your brother" she argues. "Why the hell did he think that was a good idea? In the woods? Really?"

"I know you're upset" Edward starts.

"Upset?" she asks. "I'm livid....you best hope I don't see your brother, ever again, because he will be begging for the day that I punched him" she growls.

"I will tell him" Edward states. "I'm sorry" he offers. "I thought he'd....go about it the right way" Bambi swallows the lump in her throat and bites her lip. "Are you crying?" Edward asks, she sniffles.

"No" she lies.

"Oh Bambi" he whispers. "I'm so sorry" he tells her. Bambi wipes away her tears and takes a deep breath.

"I'm fine" she tells him. "I will be fine....I can't break now, this is only just beginning"

"Yes" he agrees. "It's been a long day, get some sleep, I'll text you in the morning......I love you" she nods.

"I love you too" she whispers and then hangs up, before flopping backwards onto her bed, pushing her hands into her eyes to stop herself from crying.

.............

Bambi leans in Bella's doorway, the younger twin sits in a rocking chair by the window, staring out of it.

"I made breakfast" Charlie states reaching Bambi's side, she looks to him and smiles.

"Thanks" she tells him, Charlie looks to Bella.

"She was sat there when I got up this morning" Charlie informs Bambi. "I don't think she's moved" Charlie looks to Bambi. "I don't know what to do" he admits, she nods.

"No, neither do I" she admits back and sighs. Charlie kisses her head and then walks away. Bambi looks to her cell phone as it bings away, Bella glances over her shoulder a little. "It's from Caleb" Bambi lies reading the text from Edward. "He's just checking you're alright, what should I tell him?" she asks, Bella says nothing and turns back to stare out the window, Bambi sighs and closes her eyes. "I'm going to kill him" she whispers turning away from her sister and replying to Edward.

...............

Bambi bounces down the stairs plugging her headphones into her ears, Charlie looks to her.

"Don't you want to eat first?" he asks, she shakes her head.

"I just need to run" she answers pulling her hair up into a ponytail. "I need to just...work it out" he nods a little.

"Don't...." he starts.

"I know my way around the woods, Dad" she tells him. "I'm not Bella" she turns and leaves, Charlie sighs and rubs his hands on his trousers, worried for both his daughters.

.................

Charlie looks to his watch and frowns as Bambi returns, he stands and moves to her as she pulls off her running jacket.

"You ran for seven hours?" Charlie asks.

"Yeah" Bambi answers wrapping up her headphones.

"Well I ordered a pizza" he tells her. "Your favourite...."
"I'm not hungry, Dad" she offers heading upstairs. Charlie follows her.
"Nadine" she stops and looks to him. "Have you eaten?" he asks, she nods.

"Yeah, I had something whilst I was out"

"Is that a lie?" he asks, she looks away. "You need to eat"

"I'm not hungry" she tells him and hurries away, Charlie sighs.

...............

Bambi sits on her bed looking out the window behind it, a fog rolling in from the forest, almost mood matching. Jacob knocks on the door frame and Bambi looks to the stairs as he climbs them, he gives her a small smile and waves.

"Hey, Bambi" he whispers, she smiles a little back. He moves to sit with her. "Charlie called my Dad worried, said you haven't eaten" Jacob tells her as she moves to hug him, Jacob hugs her back.

"I'm too worried about Bella" she admits pulling back. Caleb jogs up the stairs and smiles at the pair.

"Hey" Caleb greets and drops onto the bed and then holds out the small box in his hand. Jacob smiles at Bambi.

"It's for you" Jacob tells her, she looks between them both before taking the box and opening it. "It's your favourite" Bambi nods.

"We figured white chocolate cheesecake might entice you" Caleb offers holding out a fork.

"Thank you" she whispers. "But..." she looks to Jacob. "I really don't think I could eat it"

"You need to eat something" Jacob whispers taking the cake. "And we will hold you down and force you" Jacob warns her, she looks to him and then to Caleb who nods. She snatches the fork from Caleb and the cake from Jacob. The two brothers share a look.

.............

Bambi pulls her sleeves down over her hands as she, Jacob and Caleb head down the stairs and towards the front door, Caleb nudges Jacob.

"Are you sure you don't want us to stay?" Jacob asks Bambi who nods a little.

"I'll be fine" she answers, Jacob hugs her, she presses her face to his chest and closes her eyes. He and Caleb share a look.

"I'll call you tomorrow" Jasper tells her softly pulling back, she nods and watches as he and Jacob leave. Bambi pulls her cell phone from her pocket and sighs a little seeing Edward's name flashing on the screen.