19

Bambi sits at the edge of the huge lake in the middle of the forest, Edward sits at her side as she tucks her hands into her pocket.

"I always loved this side of Forks" she tells him, he looks to her. "The views....the nature...." she smiles. "It's so beautiful" he looks to her as she looks out over the lake. Trying to figure her out. It's bugging him. The need to know. That need to figure it out. She closes her eyes and listens. So does he, still trying to get into her head, but there is nothing there, if he didn't know better, he'd have said he was sat alone but he knows she's sat right next to him, can feel her, the heat she radiates, can smell her, that smell, that intoxicating smell. He looks away and to the sky as the sun starts to set, the whole day they'd spent just walking and talking, and he'll admit that he's never laughed so much in his life. This tiny what ever she is has made him laugh and smile in ways he wasn't sure he could anymore.

"We should be getting back" he tells her, she sighs but nods pushing herself up.

"Yeah, I guess Charlie'll worry" she stretches as Edward stands and brushes the dirt from his trousers. She turns to him and smiles sweetly, Edward's taken aback by it, he's seen her smile before, but nothing like this, it makes her seem younger, more carefree, he smiles back. "Thanks for today" she tells him. "It was fun" she turns and walks away. He raises an eyebrow and smiles wider to himself.

....................

Bambi sits between Jacob's legs on his bed, his arms wrapped around her as Bella hands out cans of soda, Caleb sets a dvd to play in the machine by the tv.

"Are you guys sure about this?" Bella asks, worried, it's Valentines day and they are sticking their middle fingers up at it and watching horror movies, which means Bella's unsure. Caleb looks to her.

"You can hold my hand when you get scared" he teases, Bella throws a can of soda at him as he laughs. Jacob laughs opening his can whilst Bambi pulls her hair up and out of her face.

"Okay, what have we got?" Bambi asks, Caleb holds up a case.

"28 days later....to start with" he sets it down and jumps onto the bed, sitting next to Bella, who sits awkward at the end of the bed, Jacob pulls Bambi closer and she turns to snuggles into his chest, Jacob smiles, he's happy with this. Caleb shoots him a look and Jacob ignores it.

"Did anyone get any Valentines?" Bambi asks.

"No" Caleb shakes his head. "Jake?" Jacob shakes his head.

"None"

"Really? I find that very surprising" Bambi states, Bella nods in agreement.

"Well we didn't" Jacob assures her.

"Then the girls around here must blind, deaf and dumb" she teases, Jacob smiles pressing his fingers into her side, she laughs as he tickles her.

"Can I start the movie?" Caleb asks, Jacob looks to him as Bambi gets comfy again.

"Sure...." Jacob answers, the four of them settling together.

.....................

Bambi pulls on her jacket as Bella heads out to the car, Jacob rubs the back of his neck as he approaches Bambi.

"Nads?" she looks to him and frowns.

"Nads?" she asks. "You haven't called me that in years" he shrugs shuffles. "Jake?" he holds out a small box, wrapped in a red bow.

"Happy Valentines Day, Bambi" he tells her, she moves to him.

"You got me a Valentines gift?" she asks softly, he nods, she smiles. "Jake" she whispers.

"I know we said that we don't do gifts" he tells her. "But...we're older now..." she smiles and nods taking a box from her own pocket.

"I thought the same" she tells him, he chuckles and looks to her softly. She shrugs. They both swap gifts and Bambi pulls the ribbon off of hers and opens the top, she smiles. "Jake" she looks to him pulling out the bracelet, 'Music is my escape', engraved on it. "It's beautiful" she tells him, he blushes softly and opens his own gift open, he chuckles and holds up a rear view mirror charm, an eagle's head hanging at the bottom. "For when you finish the Rabbit" she tells him.

"This is perfect" he tells her softly. "Thank you" she leans up and kisses his cheek.

"I'll see you later, Jake" she tells him before she head out, he smiles and touches his cheek.

............................

Bambi lays in bed, her new bracelet on her wrist, she smiles and touches it before looking to the music manuscript book open in her lap, she's attempting to write music, attempting to get into the bridge but her mind is blank. She hums away the beginning only to get stuck again. She groans and throws the book and pencil away from her.