13.

Instead of 'eating' lunch with his siblings, Edward chooses this day to play piano in the music lab, it's not very often he want to during school hours, not when he has his own piano at home. He sorts through the sheet papers, the door behind him opens and he hears quiet footsteps. And that smell. He closes his eyes.

"Oh" Bambi states realising Edward is sat at the piano. "Sorry" he looks to her. "I didn't realise anyone else was in here"

"It's fine" he tells her setting sheet music onto the piano. "You can stay if you want...."

"You don't mind?" she asks, he shakes his head and then nods to the violin case in her hand.

"Are you any good?" he asks, already knowing that she is beyond adequate. She smirks and shrugs.

"I'm....alright at it..." he raises an eyebrow at her.

"Can I hear?" she nods to the piano.

"Only if I can" he chuckles and nods.

"I think that's a fair deal" she moves to the piano and sets her violin case on the top.

"Do you have a preference?" she asks unlocking the case.

"Something....classic" he answers, she nods and pulls out her violin and bow, setting the violin into place, in her arm and against her neck. She takes a deep breath and looks to Edward before away again.

"I've never played for anyone except my family before so...." she admits, clears her throat and then pulls the bow over the strings, the sound of Franz Schubert's Standchen Serenade perfectly performed fills the room, note for note, tempo, movement, perfect, Edward's amazed, for someone so young to play that well, he watches her fingers move along the neck and then to her face, her eyes closed, all the lines on her face completely relaxed, all her worries gone. He smiles watching her.

....................

Bambi sits beside Edward at the piano, his fingers lazily moving over the keys.

"By the time I was eight my tutors were amazed, child prodigy they called me, a natural" she tells him, rolls her eyes setting her fingers on the piano keys.

"Don't tell me you play the piano as well?" she snorts and smirks shaking her head.

"Not to the same level as you" she plays a few notes from the sheet music in front of them.

"You also said you were alright at the violin" he points out, she laughs and looks to him.

"I didn't want to brag" she tells him, he smiles and plays along side her, fingers dancing over the keys. "My parents were surprised at my musical talent" she tells him.

"Neither of them play?" she shakes her head.

"Nope...and I've heard my mother singing..." she shoots him a look. "It's not pretty" he chuckles. "I guess I got lucky" she picks up her speed playing, as does he, they both smirk, fingers inching closer, and just before they brush against one another he pulls his hand away and smiles a little.

"The bells going to ring any minute" he tells her quietly. She looks to her watch and nods.

"So it is...." she stands and grabs her violin, puts it away. "Thank you" she tells him. "For playing with me" he nods and smiles at her, she leaves with her case and he sighs finally breathing again, the second she'd sat down next to him, her scent had hit him like a freight train, like a punch in the chest. He takes a deep breath of the lingering scent and then stands grabbing his own bag and leaving.

....................

Bambi sets up her music stand as Renee talks on the phone with her.

"If spring training goes well, we could be living in Florida permanently"

"Please insert 25 cents to continue"

"Mom, where's your cell?" Bambi asks amused.

"Okay, I didn't lose my power cord. It ran away. Screaming. I literally repel technology now" Bambi smiles, missing her mom. "Now, tell me more about your school, baby. What are the kids like? Are there any cute guys? Are they being nice to you?" she asks, Bambi smiles.

"Mostly" she answers. "You know people find me....strange"

"How's Jake?" Renee asks.

"He's good....you should see the car, Mom, it's beautiful, Jake really out did himself on it" Bambi smiles setting her sheet music on the stand.

"Good" Renee sighs softly.

"Mom?" she asks.

"I just miss you and Bells, baby"

"I miss you too" Bambi tells her.

"How's your sister really doing? She tells me she's fine but we both know she was never a fan of Forks...and I worry"

"She's fine, Mom, really....." Renee breathes, relaxing.

"Really?" Renee asks.

"Would I lie?" Bambi offers, Renee chuckles.

"I hope not...and that's Phil....I have to go, I love you"

"Love you too, Mom" She moves to her phone and hangs up before sighing and sitting on the edge of the bed. She smiles and hums as she stands and moves to her violin and stand.

.....................

Edward smiles at Connor who pulls his brother into a hug, they each pat the other on the back before pulling back, Edward takes Connor's shoulder.

"You alright?" Edward asks. Connor nods.

"I'm not going to let this beat me" Edward nods and smiles.

"There's my brother" Edward tells him, they share a smile. "Chess?"

"Would love a game" Connor answers, the two brothers head towards the game always set up in the study.

......................

Bella crawls into Bambi's bed, the older twin smiles and wraps her arms around her baby twin.

"You watched that video, didn't you?" Bambi asks, the video is reference to one going around the school, those ones that start off really sweet and then BAM! Scary.

"No" Bella whispers. "Yes" she admits.

"I told you not to" Bambi scolds softly. "You know stuff like that freaks you out" Bella shrugs.

"I was curious" she mumbles. "Can I just sleep in here?"

"You don't need to ask" Bambi tells her gently.

"Thanks" Bella pulls the blankets around the two of them, cocooning them in, safe, Bambi smirks amused, Bella was never very good at the horror stuff, not like Bambi is, Bella's always been the sensitive one and Bambi's always been her rock. Bambi braids a handful of Bella's hair, it always calms the younger Swan girl. "Love you, Bambi" Bella whispers.

"Love you too, Bells" Bambi kisses her head and smiles as Bella starts to fall asleep.