||CHAPTER 24||

🐍JUGHEAD'S POV🐍

🐍JUGHEAD'S POV🐍

Rage filled my body. I decided that I wasn't going to rest until I found out who wrote that horrible thing on Betty's locker. The tears streamed on her face and her trembling lip haunted my memory, and I wanted to hurt whoever hurt her.

I stormed into the student lounge, I assumed that more people would be in there, but it looked dead.

I could hear voices come toward space, and I walked to the vending machine, pretending to put a dollar in.

"Is it true? Or is it just some cruel joke?" I heard a male voice "we've been best friends for years, you can tell me the truth you know."

"Fine. It's true" I heard Betty's voice say.

It was silent, and I stayed put in my place.

"We were keeping it a secret, but someone found out" Betty continued "do you have any who that might be?"

"I might" the boy replied, "but I'm not a hundred percent sure who it would be."

"Can you at least tell me who you think it is?" She asked.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Bitchy Cooper" I heard a new male voice say.

"You" she snapped "you did it, didn't you?"

"Bingo, Sherlock" he replied.

"Why? I thought everything was fine between us!" Betty exclaimed, loudly.

"It was until I saw you and that Serpent," the boy told her "you know, I think that its kind of ironic how you went from dating the leader of the Bulldogs to the leader of the Serpents, don't you think? I mean, it seemed a little slut-like in my opinion."

Then, I couldn't take it anymore.

Feeling my anger come back, I walked toward them both.

"Shut your damn mouth" I snapped at him.

The boy-who turned out to be a black-haired said; "well if it isn't the Serpent king. Perfect timing buddy."

"Shut up" I spat "you're her ex-boyfriend, right? The one who was wasted and tried to rape her."

The black-haired boy's face went blank, then it turned red "you! You're the one who gave me a black eye!"

I smiled "and now I'm glad I did."

"Woah, guys can we just calm down?" The boy from before said.

"Shut it, Andrews," the black haired boy snapped.

I felt someone touch my arm "just walk away Jug, it isn't worth it."

Betty's soft voice almost tempted me to walk away, but I knew it was worth it.

"Call her that again," I said "what you wrote on her locker. Call her that. I dare you." 

The black haired boy hesitated, then told me; "Betty Cooper is a slut."

I punched him straight in the jaw.

He punched me in the eye, but before I could hurt him, even more, I felt someone pull me back.

"Screw you!" Betty snapped at her ex, and then the three of us walked away.

--------------------------------------------------

"What the hell?" She said, once we were in the hallway "you could've gotten even more hurt! Weatherbee could've found out and you would've gotten-"

"I don't care" I mumbled "he hurt you, he called you that. He deserved it."

"The guy kinda had a point" the red-haired boy finally said; "I mean, Reggie did act like a total asshole."

"Yeah, but I don't want you getting hurt," Betty said, taking my hands.

"I gotta punish someone who messes with my girl," I told her, smirking.

Betty smiled, and we would've kissed if the other boy wasn't standing a few inches from both of us.

The bell rung, and I knew that it was our cue to leave.

"Be safe," Betty said before kissing my cheek and leaving me.

"Hey," the red-haired boy said, catching my attention "thank you."

"For what?" I asked, confused. 

"Its just...what you did back there, it really showed how much you cared about her. I'm not always there for her, so I'm glad that she has someone who is" he told me. 

I smiled a little "no problem. You were right, I do care about her." 

"Well...I'm Archie," he said, "and I know a lot of people think your relationship is wrong or whatever, but I think it's sweet."

"Jughead," I told him "and thanks."

We both realized that we had the same class, and we started to walk to it together.

"Does my eye look bad?" I asked him.

"Well, it looks like you've been in a fight" he replied, "if I were you I would tell everyone that you got into some cool gang fight."

I laughed, and at that moment I realized something.

I realized that maybe Betty wasn't the only good Northsider in Riverdale.