||CHAPTER 10||

Two days later, I found myself in front of my vanity putting on makeup

Veronica's masquerade party was tonight, which was where I intended to talk to her about everything.

Jughead was coming as my date, and even though we were technically going in disguise I was still happy that we were going as boyfriend and girlfriend.

I was wearing a silver (and very sparkly) dress with my hair down and my makeup on.

I had lied to my Mom and said that I was going to spend the rest of the night doing homework. Because I knew if she found out I was going to a party she wouldn't be the least bit happy about it.

Polly snuck out to go to parties all the time, so I didn't think I would get caught that easily.

I locked the door and climbed out my window and onto the ladder, climbing down it slowly.

Once I made it down to the ground I turned to see Jughead.

He was wearing a blazer and a tie, though he still kept his signature beanie on and held his masquerade mask in his hand.

"You sure dressed up," I told him.

He looked me up and down, and his jaw dropped a little.

"Woah" he whispered, "you look....amazing."

I blushed "Thanks."

Jughead looked back into the distance, and I could tell that something was seriously bothering him.

We may have only been dating for less than a month, but I knew that we were growing closer each day.

When we first met, we only knew a few brief things about one another and then made out.

But now, we knew much more and when we kissed, I felt a real spark.

I could read Jughead better now, and that was why I could tell he looked so upset so easily.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, "you look, upset."

Jughead looked at me and then hesitated.

"It's nothing," he told me.

"It doesn't sound like nothing," I said taking a step closer to him.

"It's stupid. Really," he told me.

I cupped his cheeks "Jug, I promise I won't judge."

He sighed "it's just...my Dad and I aren't on good terms at the moment."

"Is he the leader of the Serpents?" I asked.

He nodded "and he wants me to become the next one."

I took my hands off his face and put them on my sides.

I hadn't put much thought into the future of Jughead and I's realtionship, but at that moment I began to.