||CHAPTER 7||

🐍JUGHEAD'S POV🐍

🐍JUGHEAD'S POV🐍

After that, I guess you could call Betty and me "girlfriend and boyfriend."

During school, we both snuck off to the Blue And Gold room where we would hang out together, alone.

But, even though Betty and I were growing closer, I still knew she was keeping things from me.

I didn't want to ask her to get personal, really I wanted to wait until she felt comfortable.

I mean, I'm pretty sure that's what a good boyfriend would do.

During lunch I found myself looking at Betty, but she seemed more focus on her conversation with her friend's then to notice me.

"Jug!" Toni said snapping me out of my daze.

"W-what?" I asked.

"Have you seen this?" She said while holding a piece of paper in her hand.

I took it from her and inspected it.

It had a picture of Veronica Lodge, only she had devil horns.

It said that her father bought South Side High, and was planning to make it into a jail.

It said a bunch of other sketchy things about her father, but I didn't feel the need to read more.

I knew Veronica was Betty's friend, but what did her father want with South Side High?

"Where did you get this?" I asked.

"They're all over school" Toni replied "speaking of which, here she comes."

Walking into the cafeteria was Veronica, and she looked furious. 

She walked toward the table Betty was sitting at, then slammed something down.

"How could you?" Veronica yelled at Betty "how could you do this?! Tell everyone?!"

Betty looked at the poster, then Veronica "V I don't-"

"Don't act so surprised!" She said "I only told you, so who else would've done this?! And how did you learn all of this other information!"

Betty stood up "V you need to calm down. You're-"

"Don't tell me to calm down!" Veronica snapped "I told you not tell anyone!"

"I didn't do it!" Betty said, finally raising her voice "you need to believe me."

Veronica looked at her "I do?! Well, I'm sorry I don't."

As Veronica started saying insults to Betty, she clenched her fists while her face looked emotionless.

Then, before everyone knew it something happened.

Betty slapped Veronica.

The cafeteria fell silent.