||CHAPTER 19||

"So, Elizabeth I got a very interesting phone call today" my Mother started

My entire family was having dinner together. So something had to be wrong.

The only time we did this was when someone had an announcement to make or bad news was being given, so I didn't really know what to expect.

"Hmm?" I said, looking up with food in my mouth.

"Dr. Curdle called to inform me that you and a boy took a trip to the Morgue yesterday," she said.

"A boy?" Dad asked.

"Chill Dad, it was probably Archie or something. Right, Betty?" Polly asked.

I nodded. She had no idea.

"Why did you feel the need to go and look at dead bodies?" Chic asked, "was it for a project or something?"

I couldn't just keep lying.

"No," I said, "I was looking at Jason Blossom's body."

It became dead silent.

"Why the hell would you do that?!" Dad asked.

"I needed to know the truth," I said "I couldn't keep sleeping without knowing how he was killed. But now I know."

"How did he?" Polly asked quietly.

"No," Mom said "we are not talking about Jason. Or those Blossom's for that matter."

"Why can't we?!" Polly snapped "what's not bad about the Blossom's huh? You treat them like they are Serpents."

"Because they're just as disgusting" Mom replied.

"Says the ex Serpent Queen" I muttered.

Everyone's eyes were on me.

"What?" I asked, "it's true."

"You were a Serpent?!" Chic asked.

Mom laughed "O-of course not."

"Oh, now you're lying to your own children?!" I asked "I know the truth Mom. You were one of them once, and you left for Dad."

"How do you even know any of this information?" Dad asked.

I looked down at my food "I found some good resources."

"But I still want to know why Mom hates the Blossoms so much," Polly said, turning toward her "what did they ever do to you? The Serpent's thing is understandable. They could've done something to make you leave them. But why the Blossoms?"

"What I want to know is why you're sticking up for them" Mom snapped.

"I kind of see Polly's point, Alice," Dad said.

"Of course you do," I said as a picture of Penelope and my Father making out came into my mind.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing" I muttered.

Chic got up "whatever. I'm done with dinner. This is all too much drama for me."

He walked away, leaving his plate there.

"I'm leaving too," I said, getting up.

"Oh no, Elizabeth. You are not" Mom said.

I sat down, avoiding eye contact with everyone in the room.

"I'm going upstairs," Dad said, "you girls can continue to grill one another."

"Hal-" Mom started but before he could finish he was walking up the stairs.

Polly sighed "can Betty and I go now?"

"No," she said, "because there's more I need to talk to you both about."

"Elizabeth!" I heard my Father's voice cry from upstairs.

And that's when all hell broke loose.

He came running back downstairs. Chic came to his side while the three of us stared at him.

My Dad held out a pregnancy test box to everyone. "Would you like to tell me what this was doing in your room, Betty?"

I froze. After Jughead and I went to the Morgue, I had started to wonder if I had been pregnant ever since the night we had first made love. I had thrown up there, and I was overly emotional. I had taken the test and it had said negative, and I started my period this morring. I threw out the test, but I must have left the box on the desk in my room.

And he must've seen it as he was walking down the hallway.

Mom's face was pale as a ghost, Chic's looked the test up and down, and Polly sat with her jaw wide open.

One of my secrets were out.

"Answer me!" Dad snapped "who are you sleeping with? Is it Archie? Or Reggie?"

I felt tears roll down my cheeks, though I didn't know why I was crying.

"Reggie and I broke up," I said "and Archie is with Veronica."

"Then who the hell is it?" He asked.

I didn't answer, instead, I got up and ran past him.

Once I made it to my room, I closed the door and locked it. 

He banged on the door a few times, calling my name. But I stayed silent.

I slumped against the door, feeling the tears continue to pour.

I wiped some away. But there was only question in my mind. 

What was I going to say to my family when I left the room?