||CHAPTER 17||

I woke up with a throbbing pain in my right shoulder and my head while feeling something cold on my forehead

I tried to open my eyes, but the throbbing pain in my head made it harder for me to do so.

I moaned without intending too, but the pain was too much.

"Betty?" A voice said.

Very slowly I opened my eyes to see who had said that.

And I saw Jughead right in front of me.

"About time you called me by my name," I said.

He smiled "how are you feeling?"

Before I could reply, pain shot through my right shoulder and I winced.

Jughead noticed because he ran out of the room and came back with some Tylenol and a glass of water.

"I tried bandaging up your shoulder," he told me "but you lost a lot of blood. Here, take this and drink some water."

After managing to sit up, I took the medicine and drank the water with it.

"Do you want me to take you to a hospital or something?" He suggested.

I shook my head "no. That'll draw too much attention to my parents."

He nodded, and eventually, his hand found my thigh.

"I don't mean to pry but, what were you doing at the White Wyrm?" He asked.

I looked down at his hand, resting on my thigh "I needed a distraction from everything. But Toni's really nice and I met this guy named Fangs who was nice too. Before the whole Ghoulies thing, it was actually going well."

"Fangs and Toni are good people," Jughead said "but my world is dangerous. I just don't want you getting hurt."

I put my hand on top of his "I won't. Trust me, I can handle it."

"I know" he whispered "I know you can. But...I've never had anything like this before, and I don't want to lose it."

I narrowed my eyebrows "wait, you've never-"

He nodded, and I stopped speaking.

"Oh," I said, "me too, actually."

Just as we began to sit in silence, my phone vibrated.

It was then that I noticed I was wearing the clothes I had worn to the White Wyrm, instead I saw them folded in a neat pile of the floor.

And I looked down to see that I was wearing one of Jughead's shirts.

I felt my face flush bright red. Even though I knew he has seen me naked before, I still blushed. 

Jughead got up and took my phone from the nightstand that I assumed he put it on, and then he turned back to me.

"Your Mom wants to know where you are," he said.

"Give the phone to me," I said and he did it in under two seconds.

I typed a quick reply saying that the study session went so long that some of us went out, and I asked if it was okay if I crashed at Kevin.

She soon replied yes, and I blew out a sigh of relief.

But, I soon felt that feeling in my stomach again.

 I had lied to my mother for the second time this week.

I heard footsteps coming from the trailer, and my eyes widened.

"Is your Dad here?" I asked.

Jughead nodded, and I felt fear clutch my stomach.

"Does he know I'm here?"

He looked towards me "I'm not sure if you remember, but after we hugged you fainted from blood loss. I managed to catch you and I took you here. My Dad said it was okay if I let you stay here, only he wants to meet you."

I gripped the blanket. Were we going to have to lie to the leader of the Serpents too?

"Hey," Jughead said, touching my shoulder that wasn't wounded "he'll love you, I promise."

So he thinks I'm nervous that his Dad won't like me. Oh, he's so oblivious.

I felt my head began to throb again, and I felt myself growing more and more tired by each passing minute.

"Hey, why don't you get some rest" Jughead suggested.

"Are you going to leave?" I asked, fearfully.

He grinned "calm down, I'll just be for a few minutes."

He lent in, and we shared a short yet soft kiss.

"Bye Juliet," he said after he pulled away "and if you need anything, just scream my name."

I giggled "bye."

And once Jughead had walked away, I laid back down and closing my eyes I drifted off to sleep.