||CHAPTER 21||

"So basically I'm giving my parents the silent treatment while they're trying to find out the truth," I told him

I had finished telling Jughead the story about last night. We were in our secret hangout place, the Blue and Gold room together while everyone else was at lunch.

"They might give up eventually," Jughead said, "but I wish you would've called me, you could have stayed with me if you wanted."

"And how would your Dad react to that?" I asked, "speaking of your Dad, when do I get to meet him?"

"He's pretty busy running the Serpents and stuff" Jughead replied, "but, you probably will someday."

"How are things between you two?" I asked. I wanted to change the subject to something about him because talking about last night made me remember it more and more when I really wanted to forget about it.

He sighed "pretty awkward. We haven't talked about college or the Serpents, and I doubt we're going too unless I say something."

I sensed a vibe from him that something was bothering him. I wasn't sure if it was about his Dad or something else, but I still sensed something.

I wasn't sure how I could sense those kinds of things, but I had a feeling that imitancy had to do with some of it.

I grabbed the collar of his Serpent jacket "are you sure that's all that's bothering you?"

A grin formed on his lips "can you read my mind now, Juliet?"

"No," I told him "but you know you can talk to me."

He hesitated, "I may or may not be worried about you."

I pulled away "you're worried about me?"

"Well...yeah," Jughead said, "I might you're locked in a house with a crazy family that has a billion secrets, I'd be an idiot if I wasn't worried."

"Well I don't really have anywhere else to go," I told him "and don't say your trailer, because you know that's not an option."

"I could try and make it work," Jughead told me "I would do anything for you."

I felt my heart flutter. "Do you really care about me that much?" 

He touched my necklace "our hamburgers the greatest thing that God had created?"

I giggled, and then his lips met mine.

His hand cupped the back of my neck, while my hands gripped the collar of his jacket for the second time today.

I felt myself smiling through our kiss. It was just us. No angry parents, Serpents, or Northsiders.

In fact, I almost forgot that they all existed. 

A gasp escaped me as I felt Jughead lift me up. I wrapped my legs around his torso as he placed me on one of the tables.

He undid my ponytail, softly touching the blonde locks that fell on my shoulders.

I threw the beanie off his head and it hit the floor, barely making a sound.

Jughead kissed my neck, and I closed my eyes hearing myself sigh.

I wasn't sure if he had heard or not, and even if he had he didn't say anything.

The school bell rung, and I knew our time was up.

Jughead pulled away from me "to be continued?"

I smiled "to be continued."

Sorryyy this was kinda a filter. But the next few parts are going to get juicy I promise