||CHAPTER 13||

🦋BETTY'S POV🦋

🦋BETTY'S POV🦋

After eating Jughead's crappy breakfast, I headed home.

I still couldn't believe that I had just lost my virginity last night, I wanted to talk to someone about it who might understand. But sadly, no one would.

Because I couldn't tell anyone that I had made love to a Serpent.

Unless I wanted a death wish.

With too big of a smile on my face, I opened the door.

And I was met with arms being wrapped around me.

My sister Polly held me tightly, so tight that I could barely breathe.

I let go of her "Woah, what happened?"

"Your room was empty," Polly said "where the hell were you?! We were worried sick about you! Chic and Dad have been looking for you!

I narrowed my eyebrows. None of them would ever be this worried about me.

Unless something happened.

"Elizabeth?!" My mother's voice said, and once she saw me her face turned from relief to anger.

"You have a lot of explaining to do-" she muttered as she pulled me into the kitchen with her.

"You snuck out of your room?!" My mother snapped "why? I thought I raised you better than this....."

"You have every right to be angry-" I said calmly.

"Why the hell would you sneak out anyway?!" She asked, "answer me."

I knew I needed to come clean. But I would leave out the part where I slept with Jughead.

"I went to a party at Veronica's," I said, "because I knew if I asked you, you wouldn't have let me gone."

She sighed and turned away from me.

"Did you stay at Veronica's house?" She asked, not facing me.

"Yes," I lied.

My mother turned toward me again, looking me up and down.

Jughead had given me some of his clothes to wear home, but now I regretted his idea.

"If I called Ms. Lodge, would she say that you stayed over?" She asked.

"Yes," I replied.

Veronica always had my back. So I knew she would get her Mom to lie for me.

My Mom left to get her phone, and I walked upstairs closing the door behind me.

I ran my hands through my hair. Why did they seem more worried than usual? Did they think that I something could've happened to me?

But why would they? This town was small and safe.

I was going to get to the bottom of this.

One way or another.

--------------------------------------

After Dad and Chic came home, I went into Polly's room.

She was looking through some book, only I couldn't see what it was.

I knocked on her open door, and she turned to toward me.

Her face turned into a smile "Betty, what is it?"

I walked inside "why did you and Mom and Dad seem so worried when I disappeared?"

Polly laughed "Betts when you disappear of course we're going to get worried."

"No!" I said, sitting next to her "like, you guys seemed more worried. It almost like you thought something bad happened to me."

Polly looked at me, and I saw a flash of sadness in her eyes.

"What happened?" I asked, "what is it that no one's telling me?"

Polly looked away from me "someone died last night."

A small gasp escaped my mouth.

The first thing that popped into my head was that Black Hood that Jughead and I found out information about, but I knew it couldn't have been a coincidence.

"Who was it?" I asked.

Polly turned toward me, and that sadness remained in her eyes.

"Jason Blossom."

I suddenly felt cold.

I didn't know Jason well, but I still knew of him.

"How did he die?" I asked.

"No one really knows" Polly replied, blankly "they just found his body in Sweetwater River this morring, He died last night."

I had to digestive all of this. Someone had died in Riverdale. Here in my home.

And it didn't sound like an accident.

"Wow" was all I was able to say.

"Yeah," Polly said.

I looked at her again. There was still another question in my mind.

"Did you know Jason?" I asked, "because you seem-"

"Depressed" Polly finished for me "yes, I did know Jason...I was in love with him."

My jaw dropped "what?"

"Jason and I were seeing each other," she told me "since Mom hates the Blossoms almost as much as she hates the Serpents, we kept it private. We got into this huge fight and broke up. And now...now he's dead."

Tears rolled down Polly's cheeks, and I wrapped my arms around her, tightly.

I stroked her hair as she cried, and I knew that things were going to be different in this town.

Things were going to be different for a very long time.