||CHAPTER 5||

Two days went by ever since the South Side students joined our school

It had also been two days since I talked to Jughead.

In Science, I saw him staring at me, but once I looked in his direction he looked away.

As I was walking down the hall, I heard a voice yell my name.

I turned, hoping that it was Jughead.

But, it wasn't.

It was Archie.

Archie was my best guy friend. We grew up right next to each other, and even though people always used to think we liked each other we didn't. Archie just wasn't my type.

Plus, he had Veronica now.

"Hey Arch," I said once he had caught up with me "what's up?"

"Did you hear the news? Cheryl and Jason are throwing a party at their place tonight" he told me.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked.

"Because Ronnie and I are going and she wanted to ask you if you wanted to come but she just left for a doctors appointment," Archie told me.

I sighed "you know how my Mom feels about parties Archie..."

"I know, I know, but Ronnie said it would be pretty lowkey so you can just tell your Mom that. And I promise you won't be a third wheel because we're going to drag Kevin along too," he told me "come on, please?"

I smiled a little "okay, I'll go. But if it sucks I'm dragging you home with me."

Archie smiled back patting my arm "great, Ronnie and I will pick you up at seven."

As Archie walked away from me I looked to see Jughead leaning against the wall, frowning.

I walked past him, had he heard my conversation with Archie?

It didn't matter. Because we weren't a thing and we weren't going to be.

If only I could believe myself when I said that. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My brother was working late, my parents were too, and my sister hanging out with a friend.

So, I could easily sneak out.

I did call my Mom and told her about the small get together, and she said it was fine for me to go.

I redid my ponytail and then put on some makeup, changed my shirt and put on a prettier one, and put on a skirt as well.

I never really dressed this way for anything, but I felt like it might be cool to try something new.

Once the five of us came to Thorn Hill (aka the Blossom house) I saw a bunch of cars parked and it I could hear the music from outside.

"V, I thought you said it was going to be a small party?" I asked.

"It is," she said, "trust me, I've been to wilder parties."

I sighed, then I remembered something.

Small was a thousand people to Veronica.

Big was a million. 

I instantly regretted coming, and I knew there was no way I could get out of the party now.

Walking inside, it was anything but small. People were either making out in the corners or dancing, and the house smelled of alcohol.

I decided I wasn't going to drink, and I stood off to the side watching other people. 

I saw Veronica and Archie dancing...well used to be dancing.

I saw Kevin trying to talk to Moose, but he seemed distracted. 

Then, the sound of the doorbell rang.

Everyone froze.

Usually, people don't ring the doorbell for parties unless it was someone who wasn't invited.

"I got it!" Cheryl said walking toward the door.

She opened it, and I peeked to see who was there.

The Serpents.

Everyone remained quiet while the music played.

"We heard there was a party," one of the Serpent's said.

"You weren't invited" Cheryl snapped.

"Who said everyone else was?" Jughead asked.

"What are you waiting for? Someone, to give you another milkshake?" Toni asked.

Cheryl's face remained stone cold, and then she opened the door for them without uttering a word.

The Serpents walked in, and I panicked afraid that Jughead would see me.

I wandered around, and then I felt hands wrap around my waist.

I turned around to find Reggie.

"R-Reggie," I said, "what is it?"

"I miss you" he slurred.

I knew he was drunk, I could practically smell it on his breath.

"Reggie, you should go find Josie," I told him trying to break away.

"I don't want Josie," he told me "I want you."

Then, I felt him bring his lips to mine.

I pulled away "Reggie stop! Let go of me!"

But he didn't listen, because he dragged me into a dark bedroom.

I could barely see anything, but I felt Reggie's kiss me again.

I kicked Reggie someone, but before I could get away he held me down again.

"Help!" I yelled out but was cut off by Reggie kissing me.

My heart was pounding, and I felt sweat dripping from my forehead. 

Then, I felt his body yanked off of mine.

I sat up, shaking with fear and my heart beating out of my chest as I saw what was happening.

Someone had pulled Reggie off of me and was beating him up.

I couldn't see who due to the dark, but I was frozen on the bed feeling tears roll down my cheeks.

Eventually, the anonymous person stood up and faced me.

"Juliet?" The voice of Jughead said.

"J-Jughead?" I choked out.

He sat in front of me "are-"

Instead of replying, I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face into his shoulder, crying.

At that moment I didn't care about anything, I just needed Jughead with me.

I felt his arms wrap around me as I cried, and  I felt his hands lightly rub my back.

"It's okay" he whispered, "it's okay, you're safe."

As my sobs started to calm down, I felt Jughead kiss the top of my head.

Then I realized.

I couldn't let him go.