||CHAPTER 1||

A MONTH LATER

A MONTH LATER

Even though it was incredibly hard and almost impossible for me.

I finally got Jughead out of my head and put that night behind me.

We were never going to see each other again, and we were on two different sides of Riverdale.

Two different sides that were practically enemies.

Even though I walked down the halls of Riverdale High and there was whispering, I tried to ignore it.

Even though a part of me ached to find out how they thought Reggie and I broke up.

It had been a month since it happened, but it was still the hottest gossip right now.

My best friend, Veronica was walking right next to me as I heard hushed tones talking to one another.

Veronica was the daughter of Hiram Lodge, who was the richest man in Riverdale.

Hiram wasn't a fan of the South Side or the Serpents for that matter.

But, as monstrous as he may seem, Veronica still loved him. After all, he was still her Dad.

Once Veronica and I walked into the Student Lounge, she took a seat next to her boyfriend, Archie.

Unlike Reggie and I, Veronica and Archie were actually cute.

And, they were actually in love.

I sat in one of the chairs, trying not to look at them.

Because I knew I would just get flashbacks from that night.

Kevin then came running to us and then fell into the other chair.

"Did you guys hear the news?!" He asked.

"Don't tell me Kylie Jenner is pregnant again," Archie said. 

"No!" Kevin exclaimed and then checked to see if anyone was listening. 

"South Side High is being shut down," he told us "and, since those are the only two schools in Riverdale, the students are being transferred here."

I couldn't breathe.

It all started coming back.

I thought I had heard Veronica say something about Serpents or the school. But I couldn't hear her.

Instead, I remembered Jughead's lips against mine, the feeling of wanting more, the feeling of his hot breath on my neck, and I remembered the feeling in my heart whenever he touched parts of my body.

I also remembered the Serpent jacket.

"Betty? Are you okay?" I heard Archie say.

"I'm going to be sick" I muttered getting up and running to the Girls Bathroom.

Once I got into a stall, I vomited into the toilet.

I've tried so hard to forget Jughead, to tell him that he was enemy, to tell myself not to be attracted to him.

It had all been for nothing.

I flushed the toilet while trying to control my tears.

The bathroom door opened, and I heard a voice.

"B? Are you in here?" Veronica's voice said.

"Yeah" I replied.

She opened the bathroom stall and saw me sitting down.

"Are you okay?" She asked, "your face turned white back there."

"Yeah, yeah I just think I'm getting sick" I lied.

Veronica sighed "can I tell you something?"

I stood up "yeah, you can tell me anything."

Veronica took a deep breath "my Dad bought South Side High."

My jaw dropped "what? Why?"

"Because he's going to make it into a jail," she told me.

I raised my eyebrows "a jail?"

"Yeah, I know it sounds weird but it'll be good for Riverdale," she told me "we'll have a big and good jail for anyone who did anything bad and South Side High was a trashy school anyway, so I'm not sure anyone will miss it. But please don't tell anyone, because you're the only one who knows. Aside from my family."

"Okay, I won't," I told her.

The idea of a jail seemed strange to me, but I didn't want to fight with Veronica about it. 

"Come on, let's head back," she said taking my hand.

"Wait," I said stopping her "do you know when the South Side High students are coming?"

"Kevin said they were tomorrow," she told me "weren't you listening?"

"Um, yeah I just forgot," I said, "let's head back."

Tomorrow.

Tomorrow I was going to come face to face with Jughead again.