||CHAPTER 18||

A few days past since the whole incident at the White Wyrm and my shoulder had begun heeling

I felt myself growing more and more curious about how Jason died. I knew it wasn't really my business, but I needed to know.

I had asked Cheryl and Polly if Jason had ever seemed suicidal, and they had said no.

So how had he really died then? 

I had been helping my Mom at the Riverdale Regester before she had gotten a text and left to go text it.

I sat in the silence of the room. Then I heard the phone rang.

I frowned. Who would be calling at this hour?

Nonetheless, I picked up the phone.

"Riverdale Regester?" I said, cautiously.

"Yes, Mrs. Cooper. Dr. Curdle" the voice said.

A chill ran down my spine. I had no idea who the hell he was.

"I have a warm body for you" he continued "Jason Blossom's, in fact."

I pursed my lips. I knew my Mom sometimes looked at the recent corpses of Riverdale, but I knew that this would be the perfect key to finding out how Jason Blossom died.

"Oh," I said "yes um...I'll come by tomorrow. Tomorrow at four."

"Very well," Dr. Curdle said, "also remember, small bills are preferable."

He hung up, and I put the phone down. 

"Your father says we need to be home soon," the voice of my mother said, scaring me.

"Who were you talking too, Betty?" She asked, "I heard your voice."

Even though it hurt, I needed to make up a lie.

"It was just Kevin" I lied, flashing a fake smile.

"Well come on, you can get in the car while I shut down the place," my Mom said, handing the keys.

I took them and walking to the car I wondered how many lies my body could handle saying...

----------------------------------

The next day, I found myself outside of the Morgue.

Jughead stood by my side. He was the only one who I would let come with me.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked me.

I nodded, though I didn't look him in the eye.

We walked in, and soon enough we found yourself with Dr. Curdle and Jason Blossom's body under a cloth.

"Ah, you're not the 'Ms. Cooper' I was expecting," he said, eyeing Jughead and me.

"Whatever" I replied, pulling the bill out "and here."

He took it from me, not saying a word.

"The boy looks around sixteen, and his body was found in the River," Dr. Curdle said, getting ready to take the cloth out.

I felt Jughead take my hand, and I squeezed it tightly before feeling him squeeze mine in return.

He lifted the cloth, and we were met with a frighting sight.

It was Jason's body, only it was dirty and gross. His mouth was open and his eyes were sightly.

I squeezed Jughead's hand again, holding in a gasp.

"How do you think he was killed?" Jughead asked for me.

"A gunshot, definitely" Dr. Curdle replied, "in the chest or heart."

All the color drained from my face.

A gunshot.

It was a gunshot.

He had been murdered.

I let go of Jughead's hand, and I wasn't sure if I felt sick because of his corpse of the realization I had come too.

"I'm sorry. I-I need to go-" I said before running out.

I ran to a bathroom and leaning down into the toilet I vomited.

After vomiting for Lord knows how long, I stood up and wiping it from my face and hair I opened the door.

And I was met with Jughead.

His tender eyes met mine, and I felt a sob built up in my throat.

"Hey," he said, "are you okay?"

I didn't reply, instead, I started walking ahead.

He called after me, but I didn't say anything.

I wasn't sure why. But I just needed to get away from him and everything else.

When I made it halfway down the steps, he grabbed my arm.

"Betty," he said "talk to me. Please."

I felt tears fall down my cheeks, but it wasn't because of his tone or grip.

It was because of Jason Blossom, my lies, and everything else.

I yanked my arm out of his, and I sat on the steps, crying.

I had all these feelings built up, and I knew it was time I finally got them out.

Soon enough I felt Jughead's arms wrap around me, and I buried my head into his chest.

I felt him kiss the top of my head, whispering words of comfort to me.

"Juliet, what is it?" He asked, "was I too harsh?"

I looked up at him with my tear filled eyes "no. N-no it wasn't you. It was the fact that I always kinda knew that was what happened to Jason. I always knew his death wasn't an accident. B-but I didn't think I had been right."

"What if he just killed himself?" Jughead asked.

I shook my head "no. Polly and Cheryl told me he didn't seem suicidal at all. So it has to be murder."

Jughead started to rub up and down my arms "is that all that's bothering you?"

I hesitated, then I knew I needed to talk to him about it.

"It's just...all the lies about us. It's beginning to get too much" I told him "I've lied to my Mom more times this week than I can count, and I've lied to my friends too."

It was silent, and then Jughead looked at me.

"Well, do you want to break up?" He asked, "we won't have to lie anymore."

I shook my head violently "no. No, I don't want to break up. Because if I lose you, I really will go crazy."

"Okay," Jughead said softly before kissing my lips.

I laid my head back on his chest, and I closed my eyes as he held me on those steps.