Chemistry

Requested by MoriartysVillain 

I'm sorry that it's quite short and that I haven't updated in a few days, I'm just really busy right now. I promise I'll try to update a lot more next week. I haven't forgotten about all your requests, I will get to them. I hope you all like this one shot. ♥

~***~

I wiped my sweaty palms on my trousers. I always got way too nervous when I had to do a test. It was even worse today. I had to make a chemistry test, my worst subject. 

I sat down in the back of the class next to Sherlock. The teacher placed a piece of paper with questions and an answer sheet on my table and gave me a thumbs up before heading back to his desk. I sighed and read the first question. 

'What do you call the metallurgical process in which a metal is obtained in a fused state?'

''What?'' I muttered quietly to myself. The nerves were getting worse as I moved on to the next question. 

'At room temperature, what is the only metal that is in liquid form?'

I looked around the classroom and saw people writing on their answer sheets while mine was still blank. I started to panic. I tried to focus on the questions and answering them, but my mind, just like my answer sheet, was completely blank. I couldn't fail this test. I would probably not graduate if I didn't at least get a better grade than an F. I slowly turned my head to the right, keeping an eye on my teacher. Sherlock was my only hope at that moment. Chemistry was his best subject, and he knew everything already. He was my friend, why wouldn't he help me out, right?

''Sherlock,'' I whispered. The sociopath kept staring at his answer sheet as he doodled brains and eyeballs on it. ''Sherlock,'' I whispered a little louder. The teacher moved a little and I quickly pretended to be deep in thought. Sherlock finally looked up and gave me a questioning look. ''What?'' He whispered. ''I don't know any of the answers,'' I said in a hushed tone. Sherlock rolled his eyes and chuckled lightly. ''I told you to study instead of going to that dull party, John.'' He stated quietly. I huffed and stared at the questions, my hand supporting my head. 

'What is the fourth most abundant element in the universe in terms of mass?'

I felt like crying. I didn't understand any of them. I would most likely fail this test and not graduate. I'd probably end up living in a cardboard box on the side of the road if I didn't graduate. Sherlock noticed how close to crying I was and smiled sympathetically. ''John.'' He whispered. ''Copy mine.'' He discreetly handed me his answer sheet and allowed me to copy his answers. I quickly wrote them down and placed the paper back on Sherlock's desk. The teacher didn't suspect a single thing. ''Thank you,'' I whispered to Sherlock. He winked before turning back to his pointless doodles. 

The bell rang and everyone stood up, packing their bags. I sighed in relief as I handed in my test. I was going to graduate after all. ''Thank you, Sherlock. You totally saved me.'' I said as we walked out of the classroom. Sherlock smiled and shook his head disapprovingly. ''I wouldn't have had to save you if you would've just studied.'' He stated. I playfully rolled my eyes and lightly bumped my shoulder against his. ''I was tired.'' I defended. ''Because of that stupid party.'' Sherlock shot back. ''You're just jealous because you weren't invited!'' I said, laughing. Sherlock shrugged and we continued our walk to our next class in silence.