Reconnection

Chapter 49

Reconnection

"So how long have you two been married?" Dave asked cheerfully. The four adults had left their children alone and went down to cafeteria to get to know one another.

"Twenty-one years this July." Audrey answered.

Dave whistled, "That's impressive." He draped an arm across the back of Carolyn's chair, "It'll be seven years this August for Carolyn and me. But twenty years is impressive, what's your secret?"

Audrey and Adam glanced at each other for a moment before Adam spoke, "Well, the most important thing to remember is that no matter what, you are partners till the end."

While Dave and Carolyn were nodding, Audrey slipped her hand into Adam's under the table.

"Damn that kid can kick!" Seth exclaimed, his right hand held firmly against Mira's bare stomach.

"I know," she groaned, "the baby only started kicking five hours ago, and now she won't stop!"

"You mean he?" he said with a smirk on her face. She returned the smirk and leaned back in her chair.

"You have this crazy notion that we are having a boy." She said, twirling a lock of blonde between her fingers playfully.

"Well yeah," he said obviously, "cuz we are having a boy. And we will name him Seth Junior."

Mira smiled warmly at him. At any other time, she would have corrected him by saying that they would be giving the baby up for adoption. But after he had taken a knife for her, she was willing to let him say whatever he wanted.

Seth noticed her affectionate smile and quickly returned it. After not speaking for the last month and a half, it felt so nice to see her happy and talking to him. He decided to take a small risk, and slid his hand along her stomach, down her arm, and placed it on her hand.

Mira's eyes closed slightly when she felt his warm hand slide across her bare skin. Somehow his touch always managed to give her goose-bumps. She shifted her hand around and laced her fingers into his.

"For the record," She stated, her blue eyes shyly meeting his aqua ones, "I'm really glad that you're ok. And… thank you."

"Any time."

"Una loba en el armario, Tiene ganas de salir, Deja que se coma el barrio, Antes de irte a dormer"

"Goddamnit Sara," Paige yelled irritably, "If you can't sing Shakira's 'SheWolf' in English, then don't sing it at all!"

Sara huffed and crossed her arms in the front seat of Paige's car, "racist." She mumbled.

"I'm not racist." Paige quickly replied, "I just hate how you not only show off your perfect singing voice, but you have to do it in Spanish!"

"Aww, I knew you were just jealous!" the curly brunette answered playfully.

Just as Paige laughed at that comment, Sara suddenly gasped and screamed, "PULL OVER!"

Paige's silver car swerved over to the side of the road, leading to several other cars honking at her in annoyance.

"Are you outta your goddamn mind?" Paige screamed at her. Sara, who was staring at something over Paige's shoulder, grabbed her friends face and turned it toward she was staring. Paige gasped.

Through the window of the building across the street, Jake Peterson stood in a line of people.

"He's getting a bus ticket? Must be fleeing." Sara mumbled. Paige nodded and pulled out her cell phone.