Chapter 31 Helping hand

Once they were done eating Noa went and did the dishes, while the kids went out to play with Gaia. So there is only her and Wu Yichen in the kitchen.  Wu Yichen watches her quietly with unrecognizable emotions in his eyes. Not even he himself knows what he is feeling. All he knows is that he seems to have this weird urch to break the silence between them. Weird becuse he has always liked silence and even when he is with his sister he only speaks to her if it is important or if she has spoken to him first. So this silence with only the sound of water should be comforting to him but it is not. But they are strangers so he doesn't know what to say to her. He has never needed to start a conversation before that is casual in nature. It is always him giving orders, interrogations, asking questions, or business-like talks. It has always been his sister or his most trusted subordinates who speak for him when it is not needed for him to speak personally. If the other party starts a conversation he can continue it but him starting the small talk himself is something he has never needed to do, no never wanted to do so he dont do it. 

 Wu Yichen: Ha, when have I ever been this clueless? He thinks sarcastically.

Wu Yichen: Who would have thought that my sister was right all along, i really am clueless when it comes to socializing and it would bite me in the back in the future... What would my sister do?

 Wu Yichen: " Think, she always says the same things... what is it again?... Ah, right. Name, age, where they are from... oh, and cultivation level and elemental affinity."

Wu Yichen: " So... what type of spiritual root do you and your children have?"

Hearing this Noa pauses for a second and then continues to do the dishes.

Noa: " Why do you ask?"

 Wu Yichen: " just couruius." 

 Noa: "Oh... I dont know about the twins but I have a triple spiritual root with lightning, metal, and air affinity."

Hearing this he gets a little surprised as having a triple spiritual root is very rare especially one with 2 rare elemental affinities such as metal and lightning.

 Wu Yichen: " Why dont you know your children's spiritual roots? they are old enough after all."

Noa: " I dont know how to test it."

 Wu Yichen: " You really dont know?" He asks with surprise, as this is common knowledge all over the world.

Noa: " Yes."

 Wu Yichen: "But how do you know your own then?"

Noa: "... Would you believe me if it told you that god told me?"

 Wu Yichen"... I hope that you are joking becuse you dont seem delusional." 

Noa: It is the truth though.

Noa: " Yes... I discovered it by trial and error, I have many books to learn from after all. Besides I have already told you that I have never left the forest so how am I supposed to know how the world works outside."

 Wu Yichen: So the story she told me is true... after all, she really seems unaware of how it works. 

 Wu Yichen: " Well there are 2 ways to go about it, one is to test it with a sensing stone and the other is for an elemental elite and above to check it out. But the sensing stone is more accurate and safer.

Noa: " I see, what is your spirit root then if you dont mind me asking?"

 Wu Yichen: " I have a dual spirit root with Fire and Ice." 

Noa:" Oh... why is it safer to use a sensing stone?"

 Wu Yichen: " That is becuse if there is a mistake one can accidentally or intentionally make them a cripple so most dont let their children get tested that way." 

Noa: "... It seems like I have to find a way out of the forest." She says with concern, becuse leaving with her children will be dangerous, and becuse she is not a recognised person in any country it may spell trouble becuse there is no records of her and her children. Although she can always teleport back to this place thanks to Xylls pendant but doing so will attract unwanted attention. So going off alone and suddenly teleporting her children over would be suspicious so she has to bring them with her. She is more worried about human danger than that of magical beasts as humans are more scheming by nature. 

Although  Wu Yichen cant see her face he can tell that she must be worried about walking outside her home with her children. He does know why she is thinking of going as the 3 of them can stay here and be safe, but he knows that it is not only becuse she wants to test her children's spiritual roots. After all, she herself has never done so and can cultivate just fine. But he has a hunch, that it is becuse she wants her children to experience the world. After all which mother doesn't want their children to not have any friends and they most certainly can't gain it here. Seeing this he thinks for a while and then asks her.

 Wu Yichen:"If you want to leave, I can help you not only get out of this forest but also help you settle down and get citizenship in Ozal."

Hearing this she turns around to look at him with surprise written all over her face.

Noa: " Why would you do that?"

 Wu Yichen: I dont know.

Wu Yichen:  " I owe you a favor for saving my life so I can repay you in this way." 

Noa looks into his eyes to see if he is telling the truth or not and then asks: " are you serious?"

 Wu Yichen:  " Yes."

Noa: "... fine," She says as he realising that he is being honest. 

Noa: "... When are we leaving?"

 Wu Yichen: " I still need to heal a little more and then I need to find my sister as we got separated. After that, we can go." 

Noa: " Are you planning to look for your sister first and then come back? If you do so you may never find this place again becuse of the barrier."

 Wu Yichen:"...We go together then... we go in 5 days. "

Noa: " I need to ask my children first before we decide anything."

 Wu Yichen: " Alright then."